Anna Soubry’s voting in Parliament
Anna Soubry is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Anna Soubry sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Anna Soubry consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Anna Soubry consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Anna Soubry generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Anna Soubry generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anna Soubry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anna Soubry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anna Soubry has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
May I commend the Secretary of State for his statement and assure him that I always listen very carefully to what he says? I heard him explain on the radio this morning that what I thought was an absolute guarantee—that the deal would, in his words, deliver the “exact same benefits” on trade and customs—is now apparently an aim, but I am sure he will be true to that...
Two people died in November on the A52 in Bramcote, a suburban part of my constituency. There was another accident just a few weeks ago. In both of those cases, and after many complaints from residents for many years, there is clearly a real problem with people racing at very high speeds. Would the Minister be so good as to meet my constituent Tony Smith, who organised a petition, presented...
Well, the people of Broxtowe are looking forward to HS2 coming to Toton Sidings, where we will have the east midlands hub, which will bring considerable benefit. May I thank the Minister for his visit to Trowell, for his interest and for the conversations with the Secretary of State, because in Trowell there is opposition, not necessarily to the route—although there is some...
More of Anna Soubry’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broxtowe
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Anna Soubry campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Mobile Phones
- Contract Rights Renewal Merger Undertakings
- Roads: Accidents
- Developing Countries
Currently held offices
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 28 Nov 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (8 May 2015 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Anna Soubry’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 133 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anna Soubry’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 575 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
Name of donor: Oxfam GB
Address of donor: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford OX24 2JY
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £530.06; accommodation £383.40; meals, transport and visas £315.55; total value £1,229.01
Destination of visit: Amman, Jordan
Dates of visit: 12-16 February 2017
Purpose of visit: To visit a refugee camp in Zaatari and Syrian refugees in Jordan.
(Registered 08 March 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
From February to August 2016
, a residential property in Broxtowe: (i). (Registered 05 August 2016)
Barrister not currently practising.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from