Anna Soubry’s voting in Parliament
Anna Soubry is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Anna Soubry sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Anna Soubry consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Anna Soubry consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Anna Soubry generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Anna Soubry generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anna Soubry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anna Soubry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anna Soubry has quite often rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Brighton, Pavilion (Caroline Lucas), although I will not support her amendments. In fact, I will not support any amendments other than those tabled by the Government. The Bill will leave this place in much better shape than when it was first introduced, but it is still not fit for purpose, frankly. As hon. Members said on Second Reading, we need...
That was a long time ago.
I am grateful to the hon. Lady for giving way, because I think it needs to be put on the record that, as a Conservative, I could not be prouder of what we achieved between 2010 and 2015, when we introduced equal marriage. I also pay tribute to the fact that the leader of the Scottish Conservatives happens to be gay. We just need to move on from all this. We should not talk about the past, but...
More of Anna Soubry’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broxtowe
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Anna Soubry campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Mobile Phones
- Contract Rights Renewal Merger Undertakings
- Roads: Accidents
- Developing Countries
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (28 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (8 May 2015 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 108 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Anna Soubry’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anna Soubry’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 632 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Jan 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: More United Ltd
Address of donor: Flat 3, 49 Knatchbull Road, London SE5 9QR
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £6,000
Date received: 8 May 2017
Date accepted: 8 May 2017
Donor status: company, registration 10285790
(Registered 28 June 2017
Name of donor: Oxfam GB
Address of donor: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford OX24 2JY
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £530.06; accommodation £383.40; meals, transport and visas £315.55; total value £1,229.01
Destination of visit: Amman, Jordan
Dates of visit: 12-16 February 2017
Purpose of visit: To visit a refugee camp in Zaatari and Syrian refugees in Jordan.
(Registered 08 March 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
From April 2017, a residential property in Broxtowe: (i) and (ii). (Registered 05 August 2016
; updated 28 June 2017)
Barrister not currently practising.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from