Anna Soubry’s voting in Parliament
Anna Soubry is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Anna Soubry sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Anna Soubry voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Anna Soubry voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Anna Soubry voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Anna Soubry voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anna Soubry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anna Soubry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anna Soubry has quite often rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
I commend the Prime Minister for this plan. In particular, I congratulate her on her leadership in the past few days. She said she would listen to business, and she clearly has listened to business. However, there are concerns that there are no details of the Government’s plan for services. What more detail can we expect to hear in the forthcoming White Paper?
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, how much money has been spent from the public purse on repayments to EU nations for healthcare provided by those nations for UK nationals since June 2016.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, how much money from the public purse has been spent on (a) medicine, (b) equipment and (c) services from (i) the EU and (ii) the rest of the world since June 20016.
More of Anna Soubry’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broxtowe
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Anna Soubry campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Mobile Phones
- Contract Rights Renewal Merger Undertakings
- Roads: Accidents
- Heart Diseases: Death
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (28 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (8 May 2015 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 129 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Anna Soubry’s speeches
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 121 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anna Soubry’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 672 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from