Therese Coffey’s voting in Parliament
Therese Coffey is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Therese Coffey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Therese Coffey consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Therese Coffey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Therese Coffey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Therese Coffey has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
The evidence of health impacts from particulate matter (PM) is particularly strong and the Government is already taking action to reduce emissions of harmful PM. The UK has signed up to ambitious new targets to reduce emissions of PM2.5 as well as four other damaging pollutants (ammonia, nitrogen oxides, non-methane volatile organic compounds and sulphur dioxide) by 2020 and 2030. The...
There was no target to plant 11 million trees by 2015. The 2010 Conservative manifesto said “in addition to ongoing woodland creation, we will launch a national tree planting campaign, planting up to one million new trees in the next Parliament.” In the years from 2010-2015, it is estimated that through CAP funds, approximately 11 million trees were planted. The 2015 and 2017...
The Environment Agency (EA) has not yet made a detailed assessment of the effect of proposals to expand Heathrow Airport. Heathrow Airport Ltd (HAL) is currently working on its detailed proposal and once this is submitted the EA will assess it. The EA will be responding to the first phase of HAL’s public consultation which was launched on 17 January 2018. The EA will not be able to...
More of Therese Coffey’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Suffolk Coastal
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Therese Coffey campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Shipping: Oil
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Advisory Committee on Resource Allocation
- Roads: Construction
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (10 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- The Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Therese Coffey’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 118 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Therese Coffey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 397 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Feb 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Catholic Bishops
’ Conference of England and Wales
Address of donor: 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: an educational allowance of £5,437 and accommodation with a value of £9,057.14 provided for an intern in my parliamentary office for 10 months
Date received: 9 October 2017
- July 2018
Date accepted: 9 October 2017
Donor status: charity, registration 1097482
(Registered 23 November 2017
; updated 1 December 2017
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: hospitality for me and a guest to the Grand National
, total value £1,125.60
Date received: 8 April 2017
Date accepted: 8 April 2017
Donor status: company, registration 4967001
(Registered 02 May 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Hampshire (co-owned with mother): (i).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my sister, Clare Coffey, as a secretary (on a casual basis). (Registered 10 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from