Heather Wheeler’s voting in Parliament
Heather Wheeler is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Heather Wheeler sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Heather Wheeler voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Heather Wheeler’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Heather Wheeler’s full vote analysis page for more.
Heather Wheeler has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Foreign Affairs: Finding a diplomatic route: European responses to irregular migration.
Witnesses: Heather Wheeler MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State Matthew Johnson, Head, Mediterranean Migration Unit Lewis Neal, Director, Economic Diplomacy, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
The table below provides the number and proportion of Her Majesty's Diplomatic Service serving overseas each year since 2013:- Mar-13 Mar-14 Mar-15 Mar-16 Mar-17 Mar-18 Mar-19 Aug-19 Number of Diplomatic Service members posted overseas 1600-1699 1400-1499 1400-1499 1400-1499 1400-1499 1500-1599 1700-1799 1600-1699 Proportion of Diplomatic Service members posted...
The UK has close connections with the ten countries that make up the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and we are rightly looking to strengthen our links with this important region of the world after we exit the EU. The new UK Ambassador to ASEAN is expected to take up the role in Jakarta this autumn, with the Mission fully established and operational by the end of the current...
More of Heather Wheeler’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Derbyshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Heather Wheeler campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Culture Media and Sport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- NHS: Innovation
- Sports: Clubs
- Local Government Finance: Derbyshire
- Prisoners: Rehabilitation
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (since 26 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government) (9 Jan 2018 to 26 Jul 2019)
- Government Whip (15 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (17 Jul 2016 to 15 Jun 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Member, Committee on Standards: Standards Review Sub-Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 11 Sep 2014)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 11 Sep 2014)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (23 May 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Heather Wheeler’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Heather Wheeler’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 165 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)