Andrew Stephenson’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Stephenson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrew Stephenson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Stephenson voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Stephenson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Stephenson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Stephenson has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
âMauritius is a valued friend, trading partner and member of the Commonwealth. We are fully committed to our bilateral relationship. But we have been clear that Prime Minister Jugnauth's unjustified and incendiary remarks at the United Nations General Assembly in May were unacceptable. We have no doubt about our sovereignty over the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT), which has been...
A full answer to this question could only be obtained at disproportionate cost. UK based charitable organisations are critical policy and programme partners for DFID. Funding opportunities include the Small Charities Challenge Fund, UK Aid Direct and UK Aid Match.
A full answer to this question could only be obtained at disproportionate cost. DFID is committed to working with charitable organisations based outside of the UK. Funding is available through our country offices, and both streams of the latest funding round of UK Aid Direct were open to applications from the global south.
More of Andrew Stephenson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Pendle
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrew Stephenson campaigned to leave the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Department of Health
- Departmental Operating Costs
- Motor Vehicles: Registration
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Roads: Accidents
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Joint with the Department for International Development) (since 25 Jul 2019)
- Assistant Whip (since 15 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (4 Apr 2019 to 25 Jul 2019)
- Government Whip (26 Jul 2018 to 4 Apr 2019)
- Member, Selection Committee (11 Jan 2018 to 8 May 2019)
- Government Whip (9 Jan 2018 to 26 Jul 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Andrew Stephenson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Stephenson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 182 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for completing surveys:
10 December 2018, £200 for survey completed in November 2018. Hours: 1 hr. Payment donated to a local organisation. (Registered 02 January 2019)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Carlton Club
Address of donor: 69 St James
’s Street, London SW1A 1PJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: unincorporated association and members' association
(Registered 03 January 2019)
Name of donor: XLCR Vehicle Management Ltd
Address of donor: XLCR House, Albert Road, Colne BB8 9NW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 3923327
(Registered 11 June 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)