Andrew Stephenson’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Stephenson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrew Stephenson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Stephenson voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Stephenson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Stephenson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Stephenson has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Pendle is home to a cluster of outstanding aerospace businesses, including Euravia, Senior Aerospace Weston, Merc Aerospace, T&R Precision Engineering and, of course, the crown jewel, Rolls-Royce in Barnoldswick. Does my right hon. Friend agree that the sector is absolutely vital to the UK economy, and will he assure this House that it will have a strong voice in the negotiations under a...
More of Andrew Stephenson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Pendle
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrew Stephenson campaigned to leave the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Department of Health
- Departmental Operating Costs
- Motor Vehicles: Registration
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Roads: Accidents
Currently held offices
- Government Whip (since 26 Jul 2018)
- Member, Selection Committee (since 11 Jan 2018)
- Assistant Whip (since 15 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Government Whip (9 Jan 2018 to 26 Jul 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Andrew Stephenson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Stephenson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 127 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from