Andrew Jones’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Jones is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrew Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Jones voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Jones has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I associate myself with the Minister’s positive words about my right hon. Friend the Member for South West Surrey (Mr Hunt) and all he did to improve patient safety in the NHS. It was a fantastic piece of work. Mr and Mrs Pickup of Knaresborough have suffered significant personal loss but are seeking to drive change to ensure that no other family have to face the same tragedy. The issue is...
Does my hon. Friend agree that it is critical for the UK to have an attractive regulatory regime as part of delivering the overall international competitiveness of the economy, and that he will do all he can to minimise the administrative burdens on business?
One of the harder issues raised with me at constituency surgeries is economic crime, which affects businesses and individuals who fall victim to fraud. Older people can be particularly vulnerable, and it is often hard to get full recovery of funds. I recognise that there is cross-Government work involving the police, financial education and the Crown Prosecution Service. May we please have a...
More of Andrew Jones’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrew Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Culture Media and Sport
- Common Agricultural Policy
- Public Bodies
- Schools: Admissions
- Council Tax
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (13 Nov 2018 to 26 Jul 2019)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (8 Jan 2018 to 13 Nov 2018)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 5 Feb 2018)
- The Exchequer Secretary (15 Jun 2017 to 8 Jan 2018)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (8 May 2015 to 15 Jun 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Andrew Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 132 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 346 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)