Andrew Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Andrew Jones’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Jones is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Andrew Jones’s votes.
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Jones has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs: Follow-up to PHSO report ‘Driven to Despair'.
Witnesses: Andrew Jones MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Transport Oliver Morley, Chief Executive Officer, DVLA Ben Rimmington, Director of Road Safety, Standards and Services, Department for Transport
As the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport I am responsible for cycling. I last met with organisations representing cyclists on 14 November 2016 and will be meeting with the All-Party Parliamentary Cycling Group in a few weeks.
The Government is fully committed to creating a safe environment for all road users, and in particular vulnerable road users such as cyclists and pedestrians. In September we launched a cycle safety campaign targeting both cyclists and lorry drivers to raise awareness of the dangers of being alongside a lorry turning left. The campaign ran in London and Manchester – cities with the...
More of Andrew Jones’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Culture Media and Sport
- Common Agricultural Policy
- North Sea Oil
- Schools: Admissions
- Children: Day Care
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Andrew Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.33% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 144 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 173 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from