Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
Andrew Jones’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Jones is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrew Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Jones voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Jones has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
There are communities and even large towns up and down our country where bank closures have left thousands of people without easy access to a bank or businesses unable to deposit their takings easily. The post office network is a part of the solution in maintaining access, but more can be done to help people and businesses—and in a way that is efficient and profitable for sub-postmasters....
What plans her Department has to tackle wildlife crime.
I am concerned, along with many constituents who have contacted me on this issue, that the persecution of raptors is not treated as a priority by local police forces. Can my right hon. Friend confirm that raptor persecution, particularly that of hen harriers, is a national wildlife crime priority and that strong penalties are in place for offences committed against birds of prey?
More of Andrew Jones’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrew Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Culture Media and Sport
- Common Agricultural Policy
- Digital Broadcasting: Radio
- Hospitals: Waiting Lists
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (13 Nov 2018 to 26 Jul 2019)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (8 Jan 2018 to 13 Nov 2018)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 5 Feb 2018)
- The Exchequer Secretary (15 Jun 2017 to 8 Jan 2018)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (8 May 2015 to 15 Jun 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Andrew Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 132 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 350 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)