A selection of Jessica Lee's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2012
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
20 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2010–2013
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2012
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
3 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2011–2014
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jessica Lee’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jessica Lee’s full vote analysis page for more.
I, too, thank the Backbench Business Committee for its support for this debate. I particularly thank my right hon. Friends the Members for Basingstoke (Maria Miller) and for Meriden (Mrs Spelman) and others for leading the application, holding the fort before the Committee, and securing a debate in the main Chamber. I join my right hon. Friend the Member for Meriden in saying how important it...
I entirely agree. We must ensure that, from an early age, girls are interested and motivated, that they are aware of the variety of jobs that they can obtain through science and engineering, and that they understand why those important subjects are relevant and can create a fascinating career path.
I am all for that. As a child, I was never happier than when I was playing with Lego. [Interruption.] No, I do not still play with Lego. I focus entirely on my work. As I was saying, more women are taking managerial and other senior roles in companies in my constituency. In many households, they are the main breadwinners. I grew up near my constituency, and I need look no further than my own...
More of Jessica Lee’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Erewash
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Free Schools
- Pets: Cremation
- Large Goods Vehicles
- Olympic Games 2012: East Midlands
- Court Dispute Resolution
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Jessica Lee’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from