Marcus Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Marcus Jones’s voting in Parliament
Marcus Jones is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Marcus Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Marcus Jones generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Marcus Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Marcus Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Marcus Jones has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Holding answer received on 13 January 2017 Parking policy is shared between DfT and DCLG. 72 people in my Department work on cities and local growth as part of a joint Cities and Local Growth Unit with BEIS. These are DCLG posts. The unit covers a range of policy areas including devolution, regeneration and reforms to off-street car parking. The discussion paper last year entitled...
Holding answer received on 13 January 2017 The Department does not assess the extent to which individual members of the public rent out their driveways. The Department has given local authorities the tools through the planning system to take action if there are significant planning concerns such as public nuisance to the local residents and community.
Holding answer received on 13 January 2017 On 15 December we announced the second year of a four year settlement, which will provide Bristol City Council with over £1.3 billion to spend on local services between 2016-17 and 2019-20. As a democratically elected organisation, Bristol City Council is independent of central government and is responsible for managing its budget in...
More of Marcus Jones’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Nuneaton
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Sick Leave
- Inland Waterways: Conservation
- Government Procurement Card
- Schools: Nuneaton
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Local Government) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 10 Dec 2013)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Marcus Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.33% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Marcus Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 256 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Simmerson Associates
Address of donor: Ground Floor, Eliot Park Innovation Centre, Barling Way CV10 7RH
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000
Donor status: company, registration 04511141
(Registered 14 July 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from