Marcus Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Marcus Jones’s voting in Parliament
Marcus Jones is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Marcus Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Marcus Jones consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Marcus Jones generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Marcus Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Marcus Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Marcus Jones has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Holding answer received on 15 September 2016 The government’s response to the consultation will be published in due course. The regulations will be made according to the negative resolution procedure as required by the Public Service Pensions Act 2013. The instrument will be scrutinised by the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments and the Secondary Legislation Scrutiny...
One person without a home is one too many. That is why the Government is clear that prevention must be at the heart of everything we do to reduce homelessness. We are investing £500 million to prevent, relieve and reduce homelessness across this Parliament. This includes protecting homelessness prevention funding for local authorities, which will amount to £315 million by 2019-20,...
Ministers meet with representatives of local authorities, voluntary and charity sector organisations, policy experts and other partners on a regular basis to discuss a range of issues including potential ways to reduce homelessness. The government publishes a list of all ministerial meetings with external bodies on departmental business on a quarterly basis. This is available at www.gov.uk.
More of Marcus Jones’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Nuneaton
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Sick Leave
- Inland Waterways: Conservation
- Government Procurement Card
- Schools: Nuneaton
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Local Government) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 10 Dec 2013)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Marcus Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Marcus Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 227 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Simmerson Associates
Address of donor: Ground Floor, Eliot Park Innovation Centre, Barling Way CV10 7RH
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000
Donor status: company, registration 04511141
(Registered 14 July 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from