Jonathan Edwards’s voting in Parliament
Jonathan Edwards is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Jonathan Edwards’s votes.
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 18 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2015
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2011–2016
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jonathan Edwards’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jonathan Edwards’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jonathan Edwards has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
The English prison system is in crisis. It is failing inmates, prison officers and, fundamentally, society, as the hard-hitting motion of the hon. Member for Bromley and Chislehurst (Robert Neill) and the right hon. Member for Delyn (David Hanson) makes clear. Building more prison places will not solve the problem. The prison population tends to expand to fill the places available, often...
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jonathan Edwards campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Culture Media and Sport
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
- Devolution: Wales
Currently held offices
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Intervention) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from