Jonathan Edwards’s voting in Parliament
Jonathan Edwards is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Jonathan Edwards’s votes.
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, 2 absences, between 2012–2018
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2018
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
50 votes for, 7 votes against, 23 absences, between 2010–2018
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jonathan Edwards’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jonathan Edwards’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jonathan Edwards has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, what proportion of his Department's budget will be spent on funding the Trade Remedies Authority.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, what the timeline is for the establishment of the Trade Remedies Authority.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, what the timetable is for the Trade Remedies Authority to be fully operational.
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jonathan Edwards campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- HM Treasury
- Innovation and Skills
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
- Severn River Crossing
Currently held offices
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Intervention) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Jun 2010 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from