Jonathan Edwards’s voting in Parliament
Jonathan Edwards is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Jonathan Edwards’s votes.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2016
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jonathan Edwards’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jonathan Edwards’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jonathan Edwards has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how he plans to control immigration to the UK from the EU while while also protecting the uninhibited movement of people between Ireland and the UK under the Common Travel Area.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what assessment he has made of the likelihood of immigrants from the EU using the uninhibited movement of people under the Common Travel Area to gain access to the UK after the UK leaves the EU.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what plans he has for increased border control at Welsh ports in the event of EU migrants using the uninhibited movement of people under the Common Travel Area to gain access to the UK after the UK leaves the EU.
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jonathan Edwards campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- HM Treasury
- Innovation and Skills
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
- Severn River Crossing
Currently held offices
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Intervention) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Jun 2010 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from