Jonathan Edwards’s voting in Parliament
Jonathan Edwards is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Jonathan Edwards’s votes.
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 18 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, 2 absences, between 2012–2018
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
50 votes for, 7 votes against, 25 absences, between 2010–2018
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2010–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jonathan Edwards’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jonathan Edwards’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jonathan Edwards has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
Diolch yn fawr, Mr Bailey. My wife is also a sufferer of fibromyalgia. I asked her if she wanted me to make a speech publicly declaring her condition and she was eager for me to do so, because one of the biggest feelings felt by fibromyalgia sufferers is helplessness. My wife was recently diagnosed, but she has been suffering from the symptoms for five years. The trigger event was the birth...
The hon. Gentleman is making an extremely powerful speech. As I will say in my contribution, my wife is a fibromyalgia sufferer. Is it not the case that stressful experiences actually exacerbate the condition, leading to hugely damaging flare-ups?
When will the British Government extend the much-needed transitional protection to people who are migrating naturally through a change of circumstance?
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jonathan Edwards campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- HM Treasury
- Innovation and Skills
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
- Severn River Crossing
Currently held offices
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Intervention) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Jun 2010 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)