Jonathan Edwards’s voting in Parliament
Jonathan Edwards is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Jonathan Edwards’s votes.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
54 votes for, 8 votes against, 26 absences, between 2010–2019
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, between 2010–2011
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2019
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jonathan Edwards’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jonathan Edwards’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jonathan Edwards has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2019
I beg to move, That this House has considered reopening the railway between Aberystwyth and Carmarthen. Diolch yn fawr iawn, Mr Paisley. It is a pleasure and an honour to serve under your chairmanship. The Carmarthen to Aberystwyth rail line fell victim to the infamous Beeching axe in 1965. Together with the closure of the Afon Wen to Bangor line, this closure has meant that for more than 50...
I was fully aware of the hon. Gentleman’s history in Carmarthen. He will realise the importance of a north-south link in the context of the west of our country. I will deal with his point about universities later, but he is absolutely right to highlight the importance of linking those higher education institutions to enable us to develop the economy of the west of our country. Let us knock...
I am grateful for that intervention by my party’s parliamentary leader. I have long had an ambition to go on that rail line, but that shows the lack of serious investment in Welsh rail infrastructure over the years.
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jonathan Edwards campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
- Severn River Crossing
Currently held offices
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Intervention) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Jun 2010 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)