Jonathan Edwards’s voting in Parliament
Jonathan Edwards is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Jonathan Edwards’s votes.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 45 votes against, 8 absences, between 2012–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
50 votes for, 7 votes against, 23 absences, between 2010–2018
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2018
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2010–2016
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jonathan Edwards’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jonathan Edwards’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jonathan Edwards has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
You may ask, Mr Speaker, why somebody committed to Welsh independence and an elected Head of State would want to take part in this debate on the Humble Address. One of the main lessons I have learned in politics is that it is always wise to be nice to one’s constituents. As Members may know, the Welsh residency of His Royal Highness is situated in the north of my constituency, in the...
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. I am extremely grateful to you for accepting this point of order. On Second Reading of the Finance (No. 3) Bill yesterday, it was brought to my attention that a fellow Member of this House, rather than engaging with the substance of the issue being discussed, chose to make disparaging remarks about my accent. It is unfortunately not the first such incident in...
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jonathan Edwards campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- HM Treasury
- Innovation and Skills
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
- Severn River Crossing
Currently held offices
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Intervention) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Jun 2010 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from