Jonathan Edwards campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Jonathan Edwards’s voting in Parliament
Jonathan Edwards is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Jonathan Edwards’s votes.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, 1 absence, between 2012–2014
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 18 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2015
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jonathan Edwards’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jonathan Edwards’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jonathan Edwards has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
What impact does the right hon. Gentleman think that that would have on Welsh agriculture and the rural economy in Wales?
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what the Producer Support Estimate is for beef, lamb and dairy products in the UK.
Does the hon. Gentleman expect any Treasury modelling to concur with that of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, which says that EEA membership is far preferable for the economic growth of the British state than a free trade agreement?
More of Jonathan Edwards’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Culture Media and Sport
- Public Expenditure: Wales
- Public Expenditure
- Railways: Wales
- Devolution: Wales
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (since 31 Oct 2016)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign Intervention) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Transport) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (since 18 Jun 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 18 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Jan 2014)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Wales) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (18 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from