Glyn Davies’s voting in Parliament
Glyn Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Glyn Davies sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Glyn Davies voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Glyn Davies generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Glyn Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Glyn Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Glyn Davies has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
I always listen to the hon. Member for Oxford West and Abingdon with great interest. She raised a lot of interesting points, and I do not think for one second that the new clause would delay the Bill; the points made by those on the Opposition Benches about that are right. However, I think the new clause would extend the Bill. My intention in introducing the Bill is just to extend the...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Ms McDonagh. It is the first time that it has been my pleasure to do so and I am looking forward to it. In this case, as in several others, Opposition Members make interesting points, but their underlying purpose is simply to delay the enfranchisement of the many overseas citizens who, in my view, should be entitled to vote in our elections....
I must say that I do not appreciate it when Opposition Members say things that I agree with, as that makes my position a little bit difficult, but I want to emphasise that—as has been a trend today—the points that are being made by Members on the Opposition Benches are all reasonable. Our aim in resisting them is that we want to maintain the credibility of the Bill—it is a...
More of Glyn Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Montgomeryshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Glyn Davies campaigned to leave the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Wind Power
- Organs: Donors
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Palliative Care
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (4 Dec 2017 to 4 Jun 2018)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 22 Oct 2018)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (25 Apr 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Glyn Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Glyn Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 218 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for opinion surveys:
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two-bedroom flat at Century Wharf, Cardiff Bay: (i) and (ii). (Updated 20 April 2012
Farmland, house and buildings near Llanerfyl, Montgomeryshire: (i) and (ii). (Updated 6 November 2012
Farmhouse, bungalow and farm buildings near Castle Caereinion, Montgomeryshire: (i) and (ii). (Updated 6 November 2012)
House, land and buildings near Berriew, Montgomeryshire: (i) and (ii). (Registered 06 November 2012)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my spouse, Bobbie Davies, as Senior Secretary.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from