A selection of Pamela Nash's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Has never voted on a wholly elected House of Lords
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Pamela Nash’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Pamela Nash’s full vote analysis page for more.
The report published yesterday suggests that NHS staff were working according to the best available knowledge at the time. As chair of the all-party group on HIV and AIDS, however, I often hear about current incidents in which NHS staff do not have the best available knowledge at their fingertips. What have the Government done and what are they doing to ensure that we have a well-informed...
To ask the Prime Minister, when he last visited Scotland.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what the cost of the Access to Work scheme in (a) Airdrie and Shotts constituency, (b) North Lanarkshire, (c) Scotland and (d) the UK has been in each month since May 2010.
More of Pamela Nash’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Airdrie and Shotts
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- HM Treasury
- Work and Pensions
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Conditions of Employment
- Children: Maintenance
- Inheritance Tax
- Private Finance Initiative
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (23 Jan 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Pamela Nash’s speeches
- Has received answers to 208 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 75 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from