Guto Bebb’s voting in Parliament
Guto Bebb is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Guto Bebb sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Guto Bebb voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Guto Bebb’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Guto Bebb’s full vote analysis page for more.
Guto Bebb has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
The hon. Gentleman is right to say that this is important. The issue is of concern to local authorities and further education colleges in north Wales, but does he agree that, as a result of the efforts to get the north Wales growth deal on board, it is at least being discussed by the relevant stakeholders there? It is therefore a very opportune moment to ensure that comments made in north...
I express my support as a north Wales MP. Quite often in Wales, we have the argument that all the funding goes down south, but the view in north Wales is that we will not see major updates to the A55 until this project is off the ground. The view in north Wales is that if we are going to have the improvements to the A55 that we need, we need to see the decision taken on the M4 relief road...
My right hon. Friend is making an important speech about the importance of the M4 to the south Wales economy, and his point about the Welsh Government is well taken. Is the A55 in north Wales not also an example of an issue on which promises have been made consistently? It has been promised for years that two roundabouts in my constituency, which are on a recognised European expressway, will...
More of Guto Bebb’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Aberconwy
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Guto Bebb campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Welsh Language
- Financial Services
Currently held offices
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 22 Oct 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (9 Jan 2018 to 16 Jul 2018)
- Government Whip (19 Mar 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (19 Mar 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (18 Jul 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Guto Bebb’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Guto Bebb’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 382 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
Name of donor: The Antisemitism Policy Trust
Address of donor: BM
5369, London WC1N 3XX
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £1,918
Destination of visit: Washington and New York
Dates of visit: 12-14 September 2018
Purpose of visit: Delegation of MPs with APPG
Against Antisemitism to visit Washington and New York for meetings with social media companies and officials about antisemitism.
(Registered 24 September 2018)
Proprietor of Egin Partnership, an economic consultancy. Address: Cynfal, Lon Ddewi, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 1BH. No payments received. (Updated 9 June 2014
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from