Guto Bebb campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Guto Bebb’s voting in Parliament
Guto Bebb is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Guto Bebb sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Guto Bebb consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Guto Bebb’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Guto Bebb’s full vote analysis page for more.
Guto Bebb has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
The Wales Office is not an employer in its own right and most staff are employed by the Ministry of Justice (MoJ). Pay bill figures for men and women in each department can vary significantly based on representation at different grades and how many staff in the department are in full or part time work. A more meaningful way of considering existing pay disparities amongst men and women would...
4 passes are issued to civil servants who are not directly employed by the Wales Office and 13 passes are issued to people who work in the Department but are not civil servants.
More of Guto Bebb’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Aberconwy
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Welsh Language
- Financial Services
Currently held offices
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (since 19 Mar 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (since 19 Mar 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (18 Jul 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Guto Bebb’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 90 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Guto Bebb’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 310 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Feb 2017.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Alexander Temerko
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £6,666.66
Date received: 24 February 2016
Date accepted: 24 February 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 08 March 2016
Name of donor: The PCAA
Address of donor: P.O. Box 4015, London W1A 6NH
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel and accommodation with a value of £320
Destination of visit: Brussels
Date of visit: 16-17 February 2016
Purpose of visit: APPG
Against Antisemitism delegation to discuss the rise in antisemitic incidents across Europe and debate best practice in dealing with these issues.
(Registered 26 February 2016)
Name of donor: The PCAA Foundation
Address of donor: PO
Box 4015, London W1A 6NH
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flight £251.65, hotel £165.65, expenses £83; total £500.30
Destination of visit: Berlin
Date of visit: 13-15 March 2016
Purpose of visit: delegation of MPs with the APPG Against Antisemitism to attend a major conference on antisemitism hosted by the German Government
and the Inter-parliamentary Coalition for Combating Antisemitism (ICCA
) to discuss and debate best practice in dealing with antisemitism.
(Registered 06 April 2016
Proprietor of Egin Partnership, an economic consultancy. Address: Cynfal, Lon Ddewi, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 1BH. No payments received. (Updated 9 June 2014
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my spouse, Esyllt Penri, to provide translation services as part time Office Manager
/Personal Assistant. (Registered 27 January 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from