Guto Bebb’s voting in Parliament
Guto Bebb is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Guto Bebb sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Guto Bebb voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Guto Bebb’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Guto Bebb’s full vote analysis page for more.
Guto Bebb has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
I am grateful to my hon. friend the Member for Ludlow for his work in undertaking this review, which supports both the National Security Objective to Promote Prosperity as well as the goals set out the Industrial Strategy White Paper published last November. This is an important piece of work. The Government will now consider his recommendations in detail and publish a response in due course.
The Ministry of Defence has ordered long-lead items for the first batch of three Type 26 Frigates. This included investment in the wider supply chain and covered key equipment purchases including the diesel generators, gas turbines and steering gear systems. We will define the list of long-lead items required for the remaining five ships and place the orders at the appropriate time.
More of Guto Bebb’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Aberconwy
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Guto Bebb campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Welsh Language
- Financial Services
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (9 Jan 2018 to 16 Jul 2018)
- Government Whip (19 Mar 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (19 Mar 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (18 Jul 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Guto Bebb’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 87 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Guto Bebb’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 382 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from