Rebecca Harris’s voting in Parliament
Rebecca Harris is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Rebecca Harris sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rebecca Harris consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rebecca Harris’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rebecca Harris’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rebecca Harris has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
We are having this debate because of our deep concerns about the increasing erosion and loss of local news sources, but I am very blessed in Castle Point. I have a huge number of local papers, such as the monthly Canvey & Benfleet Times; at least three weeklies that cover my patch, the Yellow Advertiser, the Rayleigh, Rochford & Castle Point Standard and Essex’s The Enquirer; a...
What assessment he has made of recent political developments in Northern Ireland.
Will my right hon. Friend confirm that in all their discussions the Government will maintain their full support for the Belfast agreement and its successors, including, crucially, the principle that Northern Ireland’s position within the Union will always be determined by the principle of consent?
More of Rebecca Harris’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Castle Point
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Rebecca Harris campaigned to leave the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Visual Impairment
- Roads: Accidents
- Railways: Accidents
- Private Sector Investment
- Met Office
Currently held offices
- Government Whip (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Assistant Whip (since 15 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (12 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Rebecca Harris’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 98.29% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 111 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rebecca Harris’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 75 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Feb 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos Mori (3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW) for completing opinion surveys. All fees paid direct to charity.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Michelle M Dudbridge
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 03 July 2017
Name of donor: UPM
Address of donor: 39 Wellington Road, Rayleigh SS6 8EX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 6072923
(Registered 03 July 2017)
Name of donor: Criterion Capital Ltd
Address of donor: 16 Babmaes Street, London SW1Y 6HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: company, registration 5887591
(Registered 03 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from