Rebecca Harris campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Rebecca Harris’s voting in Parliament
Rebecca Harris is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Rebecca Harris’s votes.
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rebecca Harris’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rebecca Harris’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rebecca Harris has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Conservative MP for Castle Point
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Visual Impairment
- Roads: Accidents
- Railways: Accidents
- Private Sector Investment
- Met Office
Currently held offices
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 12 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Rebecca Harris’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rebecca Harris’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 66 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
17 February 2016
, £150 from APCO
Worldwide, 90 Long Acre, London, WC2E 9RA, for completing a phone survey on 28 January 2016
. Hours: 45 mins. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 02 March 2016
Name of donor: Kuwait National Assembly
Address of donor: Arabian Gulf St, Kuwait City, Kuwait
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, hotel accommodation, food and transport to a total value of £4,837
Destination of visit: Kuwait
Date of visit: 30 January - 2 February 2016
Purpose of visit: All Party Parliamentary Group
on Kuwait delegation
(Registered 12 February 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from