Gavin Williamson’s voting in Parliament
Gavin Williamson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Gavin Williamson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gavin Williamson voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Williamson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Williamson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gavin Williamson has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Education is key in creating a productive economy as well as maximising the opportunities for future generations. It is vital we are supporting the right mix of skills and delivering for all young people so that they can reach their potential, regardless of their background. The Government recently announced an additional £400 million investment in the provision for 16-19 year olds. Building...
Holding answer received on 03 September 2019 It has not proved possible to respond to the hon. Member in the time available before Prorogation.
I refer my hon. Friend, the Member for Hendon to the answer I gave on 4 September 2019 to Question 282367.
More of Gavin Williamson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Staffordshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Gavin Williamson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Culture Media and Sport
- Innovation and Skills
- Official Cars
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Mobile Phones
- Departmental Advertising
- Departmental Rail Travel
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Education (since 24 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Defence (2 Nov 2017 to 1 May 2019)
- Chief Whip (14 Jul 2016 to 2 Nov 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 28 Nov 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Gavin Williamson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Williamson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 258 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
22 July 2019, received £3,523 from the Alliance of Conservatives
and Reformists in Europe, Rue du Trône 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
, for speaking at an event on 26 June 2019. Hours: 4 hrs. Travel and accommodation also provided by the payer. (Registered 02 August 2019)
Payment of £200 expected from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More St, London E1W 1YW, for a survey completed on 3 July 2019. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 15 August 2019)
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: BS
Address of donor: Coppice Lane, Cheslyn Hay, Nr Walsall, Staffordshire WS6 7EY
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £20,000
Date received: 3 July 2019
Date accepted: 3 July 2019
Donor status: company, registration 00653789
(Registered 05 July 2019)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
From 30 September 2016, honorary membership for life of the Carlton Club
. (Registered 25 March 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)