Gavin Williamson’s voting in Parliament
Gavin Williamson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Gavin Williamson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gavin Williamson voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Gavin Williamson generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Williamson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Williamson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gavin Williamson has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Nov 2018
The Modernising Defence Programme is ongoing. I remain committed to updating Parliament soon.
Between 1 September and 30 November 2018 - there have been no meetings between the Secretary of State for Defence and the Chief Scientific Adviser.
Holding answer received on 30 November 2018 We continue to keep our nuclear posture under constant review in the light of the international security environment and the actions of potential adversaries.
More of Gavin Williamson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Staffordshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Gavin Williamson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Culture Media and Sport
- Innovation and Skills
- Official Cars
- Mass Media
- Departmental Advertising
- Departmental Mobile Phones
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Defence (since 2 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Chief Whip (14 Jul 2016 to 2 Nov 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 28 Nov 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Gavin Williamson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.42% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Williamson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 208 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)