Karen Bradley’s voting in Parliament
Karen Bradley is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Karen Bradley sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Karen Bradley consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Karen Bradley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Karen Bradley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Karen Bradley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
On Thursday 16 March I intervened in the proposed acquisition of Sky by 21 Century Fox on the media public interest grounds of media plurality and commitment to broadcasting standards by issuing a European Intervention Notice (EIN). The EIN triggered the requirement for Ofcom to assess and report to me on the public interest grounds specified and for the Competition and Markets Authority...
Since late 2015 the government has been working with Channel 4 to look at options to ensure a strong and successful future for the broadcaster. Channel 4 broadcasts a range of great content and delivers significant public value in a variety of ways. The government has therefore concluded that Channel 4’s public service model and remit would not be best served by privatisation. However,...
I thank the hon. Gentleman for his comments. I will address his final point first—the issue of Leveson—as I did last time I was at the Dispatch Box on this matter. As he will know, the consultation we launched, which closed in January, is subject to judicial review. I am therefore unable to comment on the consultation, or any aspects of it, with regard to the Leveson inquiry. I...
More of Karen Bradley’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Staffordshire Moorlands
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Karen Bradley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Festivals and Special Occasions: Public Holidays
- Members: Travel
- Organ Donor Cards
- Child Benefit
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (8 Feb 2014 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Government Whip (7 Oct 2013 to 8 Feb 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Oct 2011 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Karen Bradley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 139 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Karen Bradley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 259 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Football Association Premier League Ltd
Address of donor: 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two football tickets with hospitality for Manchester City
vs Stoke City
, total estimated value £211
Date received: 23 April 2016
Date accepted: 23 April 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02719699
(Registered 06 June 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from