Karen Bradley’s voting in Parliament
Karen Bradley is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Karen Bradley sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Karen Bradley consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Karen Bradley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Karen Bradley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Karen Bradley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: The work of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP, Secretary of State, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
I wish to inform the House that, on 11th October, the Department for Digital Culture and Media and Sport will publish the Internet Safety Strategy green paper. The accompanying public consultation will close on 7 December 2017. Both can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/internet-safety- strategy-green-paper The Strategy was publically announced in February of this year...
I wish to inform the House that, on 9 October 2017, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport laid a minute recording the submission of a bid by Commonwealth Games England, Birmingham City Council, the West Midlands Combined Authority and DCMS to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham. Birmingham’s bid presents an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the very best of...
More of Karen Bradley’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Staffordshire Moorlands
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Karen Bradley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Festivals and Special Occasions: Public Holidays
- Members: Travel
- Organ Donor Cards
- Child Benefit
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (since 3 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (14 Jul 2016 to 3 Jul 2017)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (8 Feb 2014 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Government Whip (7 Oct 2013 to 8 Feb 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Oct 2011 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Karen Bradley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 146 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Karen Bradley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 282 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Biddulph Conservative and Unionist Club
Address of donor: 52 High Street, Biddulph ST8 5AJ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: members' association
(Registered 07 July 2017
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
Until October 2016, I employed my husband, Neil Bradley, as Office Manager
. (Updated 04 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from