Karen Bradley’s voting in Parliament
Karen Bradley is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Karen Bradley sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Karen Bradley consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Karen Bradley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Karen Bradley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Karen Bradley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
The hon. Gentleman asks a number of questions and I will attempt to address as many as I can in the time that we have; there were a number of questions there—I am sure he would agree. I think it is worth my repeating that I am acting in a quasi-judicial basis under the Enterprise Act. We are also reflecting, in our behaviour as a Government, the recommendations of Sir Brian Leveson in...
I know you do not want me to stray on to the BBC, Mr Speaker, so I will not respond to that point. The report that I asked Ofcom to prepare as part of the phase 1 inquiry found firm grounds for concerns about media plurality. In the absence of further representations with evidence that might change my view, it is important to say that I am still minded to refer the merger on the grounds of...
I join the hon. Lady in congratulating England’s women. I am disappointed for her sake that the wearing of a football shirt did not produce the luck for which she hoped for Scotland’s women, but as an England woman I am delighted by the result. The hon. Lady has a constituency interest, with Sky being the largest employer in her constituency. I, too, want to make sure that the...
More of Karen Bradley’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Staffordshire Moorlands
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Karen Bradley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Festivals and Special Occasions: Public Holidays
- Members: Travel
- Organ Donor Cards
- Child Benefit
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (since 3 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (14 Jul 2016 to 3 Jul 2017)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (8 Feb 2014 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Government Whip (7 Oct 2013 to 8 Feb 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Oct 2011 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Karen Bradley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 146 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Karen Bradley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 266 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Football Association Premier League Ltd
Address of donor: 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two football tickets with hospitality for Manchester City
vs Stoke City
, total estimated value £211
Date received: 23 April 2016
Date accepted: 23 April 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02719699
(Registered 06 June 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from