Karen Bradley’s voting in Parliament
Karen Bradley is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Karen Bradley sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Karen Bradley consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Karen Bradley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Karen Bradley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Karen Bradley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
Northern Ireland Affairs: Devolution and democracy in Northern Ireland â dealing with the deficit.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland Sir Jonathan Stephens KCB, Permanent Secretary, Northern Ireland Office
I have regular conversations with the Irish Government on a range of issues. We both recognise the importance of the trade that takes place across the island of Ireland, which is worth some £4 billion to the Northern Ireland economy. Equally, though, we must not forget the importance of the GB markets to Northern Ireland, where sales are worth some £14.6 billion. We are committed to...
My right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union has dealt with the issues concerning the leaked report. It is important to state that the UK Government want to achieve a good deal for the whole United Kingdom that protects the economic integrity of the United Kingdom.
More of Karen Bradley’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Staffordshire Moorlands
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Karen Bradley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Festivals and Special Occasions: Public Holidays
- Members: Travel
- Organ Donor Cards
- Child Benefit
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (since 8 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (3 Jul 2017 to 8 Jan 2018)
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (14 Jul 2016 to 3 Jul 2017)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (8 Feb 2014 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Government Whip (7 Oct 2013 to 8 Feb 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Oct 2011 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Karen Bradley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Karen Bradley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 293 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from