A selection of Fiona O'Donnell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Fiona O'Donnell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Fiona O'Donnell’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people who received the higher rate of the mobility component of disability living allowance have been assessed for personal independence payment (PIP) and not been awarded the enhanced mobility rate of PIP.
It is a pleasure to see you back in the Chair, Mr Hood. I wish to talk particularly about the rural economy and the opportunities that the Government might be missing, given the importance of small and medium-sized enterprises to rural economies. Given that this may be my last contribution in this Parliament, I also want to reflect briefly on the political situation in Scotland. We have had...
It is an honour to intervene in what might be the hon. Gentleman’s last speech in this place. Has he considered the impact on the rural economy, which suffered particularly harshly during the recession? The recovery there is very fragile and corporation tax cuts will not help rural communities. Does he not think that this could be the wrong cause?
More of Fiona O'Donnell’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for East Lothian
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Animal Welfare: Circuses
- Post Office Card Account
- Marine Conservation Zones
- Food Banks
- Housing Benefit
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Standards: Standards Review Sub-Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Dec 2012 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (2 Jul 2012 to 9 May 2013)
- Member, International Development Committee (18 Jun 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (7 Oct 2011 to 30 Jun 2012)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 25 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Fiona O'Donnell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 59 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 135 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Name of donor: Mr David and Mrs Margaret Stevenson
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
(a) Donor status: individuals
8. Land and Property
I receive rental income from a house in Edinburgh.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from