A selection of Chris Evans's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
56 votes for, 15 votes against, 30 absences, between 2012–2019
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 40 votes against, 12 absences, between 2014–2016
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Evans’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Evans’s full vote analysis page for more.
I have the dubious honour of representing the constituency with the most polluted road outside London. Large trucks go up Hafodyrynys Road spewing out all sorts of noxious fumes from diesel engines. However, the council is hamstrung because it cannot introduce emissions charging zones, as we have in London, and there is a lack of charging points for electric vehicles. Does my hon. Friend...
Campaigners fighting to save Pontllanfraith leisure centre were heartened by news this week that Caerphilly County Borough Council cabinet will pause the closure. However, that is not an isolated case. Other campaign groups have contacted me who are fighting to save their leisure services. With an obesity crisis in this country and participation in sport down, can we have an urgent debate in...
My right hon. and learned Friend is making a great speech, but is there not a huge question mark over the Schengen information system, the largest database in the world? If we do not have access to that, our citizens will be under threat.
More of Chris Evans’s recent appearances
Former Labour/Co-operative MP for Islwyn
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Chris Evans campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Electronic Government
- Jobcentre Plus
- Ex-servicemen: Radiation Exposure
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (10 Dec 2012 to 18 Mar 2014)
- Member, Draft Defamation Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2011 to 12 Oct 2011)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Chris Evans’s speeches
- Has received answers to 47 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 252 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Royalty payments from Pitch Publishing Ltd, A2 Yeoman Gate, Yeoman Way, Worthing BN13 3QZ, for a book:
29 March 2019, received £360.01. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 03 April 2019)
31 July 2018, received £1,000 from Capita, Stirling House, Viscount Way, South Marston Park, Swindon SN3 4TN, for attending and delivering a speech at their Customer Service Conference on 3 July 2018. Hours: 2 hrs. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 22 August 2018; updated 28 November 2018)
18 April 2019, received £4,400 as an advance for a book from Bloomsbury Publishing, 50 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3DP, via David Luxton Associates, 23 Hillcourt Ave, London N12 8EY. Hours: 100 hrs to date. (Registered 13 June 2019)
2 August 2019, payment of £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing a survey. Hours: approx. 1 hr. Fee paid to direct to community organisations in my constituency
. (Registered 07 August 2019)
From 11 April 2018, Administrative Steward and Director (unpaid) of the British Boxing Board of Control
. From time to time I attend contests where I undertake my voluntary duties as Steward. (Registered 24 April 2018; updated 10 October 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)