A selection of Jane Ellison's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 14 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
21 votes for, 22 votes against, 6 absences, between 2010–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jane Ellison’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jane Ellison’s full vote analysis page for more.
Non-Maintained Special Schools provide education within the meaning of the Education Acts, which is exempt from VAT.
Where a customer makes payment by BACS using a BACS Service User Number, HM Revenue and Customs systems check 100% of returns against individual bank accounts.
I refer the Honourable Member to the answer given to Question 71628.
More of Jane Ellison’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Battersea
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Jane Ellison campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Women and Equalities
- Pet Animals Act 1951
- Access to Work
- India: Entry Clearances
- Rail Franchising
Other offices held in the past
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (15 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2016)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Jane Ellison’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 138 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 581 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from