Jane Ellison’s voting in Parliament
Jane Ellison is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Jane Ellison sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jane Ellison consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jane Ellison’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jane Ellison’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jane Ellison has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Estimates of the volume and total revenue losses associated with the tobacco illicit market are published in ‘Tobacco Tax Gap Estimates 2015 to 2016’. This is available to view at: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachm ent_data/file/561322/HMRC-tobacco-tax-gap-estimates-2016.pdf . The estimate is based on comparing tobacco consumed with returns to HM...
HM Revenue and Customs is planning to publish this information in Autumn 2017, in the Annual Stamp Tax Statistics bulletin.
The restriction of finance cost relief to the basic rate of income tax will reduce the tax advantage landlords have over homeowners in the property market, and will ensure all individual landlords receive the same rate of tax relief on their finance costs. HM Revenue and Customs estimates that 1 in 5 landlords will pay more tax as a result of this measure.
More of Jane Ellison’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Battersea
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jane Ellison campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Women and Equalities
- Pet Animals Act 1951
- Access to Work
- India: Entry Clearances
- Rail Franchising
Currently held offices
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (since 15 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2016)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Jane Ellison’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jane Ellison’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 546 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from