Jane Ellison campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Jane Ellison’s voting in Parliament
Jane Ellison is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Jane Ellison sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jane Ellison consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jane Ellison’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jane Ellison’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jane Ellison has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, HM Revenue and Customs received 670 formal complaints in writing or via e-mail from hon. Members relating to Concentrix service.
The number of HM Revenue and Customs staff employed in Scotland each year since 2006 is shown in the following table. Year Ending Head Count 31/03/2006 11,415 31/03/2007 11,464 31/03/2008 11,018 31/03/2009 11,160 31/03/2010 10,031 31/03/2011 9,860 31/03/2012 9,839 31/03/2013 9,437 31/03/2014 8,959 31/03/2015 8,331 31/03/2016 9,147
Since the beginning of the contract between SYNNEX-Concentrix and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), in November 2014, to 11 September 2016, Concentrix has adjusted around 103,000 cases. HMRC does not hold information on how many are full adjustments or partial adjustments. The total savings in Annually Managed Expenditure have been £284.1 million since commencement of the contract in...
More of Jane Ellison’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Battersea
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Women and Equalities
- Pet Animals Act 1951
- Access to Work
- India: Entry Clearances
- Rail Franchising
Currently held offices
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (since 15 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2016)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Jane Ellison’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 142 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jane Ellison’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 494 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from