Jack Lopresti’s voting in Parliament
Jack Lopresti is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Jack Lopresti sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jack Lopresti consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jack Lopresti’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jack Lopresti’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jack Lopresti has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what assessment he makes of the adequacy of the number of transit pitches made available to Travellers in (a) England and (b) South Gloucestershire.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what guidance his Department provides to local authorities on their powers to take noise abatement enforcement against companies undertaking engineering work on the railways with respect to the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and section 122 of the Railways Act 1993.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps she is taking to ensure that police forces and chief constables enforce Section 61 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 in relation to the combatting of illegal Travellers' sites.
More of Jack Lopresti’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Filton and Bradley Stoke
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jack Lopresti campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Home Department
- Middle East
- Radio Frequencies
- Gift Aid
Currently held offices
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Defence Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Armed Forces Bill Committee (28 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Jack Lopresti’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 139 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jack Lopresti’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 81 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flight, hotel and accommodation with an estimated value of £909
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 8-10 September 2016
Purpose of visit: for National Day
(Registered 11 October 2016
Name of donor: Taipei Representative Office
in the U.K.
Address of donor: 50 Grosvenor Gardens London SW1W OEB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flight, hotel and accommodation with an estimated value of £3,880
Destination of visit: Taiwan
Dates of visit: 25 September – 2 October 2016
Purpose of visit: To understand Taiwan's political system and its security and defence strategy.
(Registered 17 October 2016)
Name of donor: (1) Kar Group (2) Kurdistan Regional Government
Address of donor: (1) Apartment 8, 1st Floor, Building J, Naz City, Erbil, Iraq (2) KRG
UK Representation, 23 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6LB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): (1) Flights and hotel with a value of £3,700 (2) Internal security and transport with a value of £616
Destination of visit: Erbil, Slemani, Duhok and Mosul, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Dates of visit: 3-10 November 2016
Purpose of visit: to meet senior political leaders including the Prime Minister
, Ministers, the UK acting Consul-General
, also the Iraqi Army
and the Peshmerga, and to visit camps for internally displaced people and a refugee camp for Syrians.
(Registered 08 December 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from