A selection of Grahame Morris's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on a wholly elected House of Lords
Voted a mixture of for and against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 18 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2015
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, between 2013–2016
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Grahame Morris’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Grahame Morris’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, for what reasons no venue in the North East was chosen for a letting agents' fees ban workshop.
May I ask the Prime Minister why she is running scared of the televised leadership debates? May I suggest that she hold a televised debate in the Easington colliery miners welfare centre, where she can see the consequences of seven years of her policies on housing, of the cuts to policing and of 500 people at Walker’s losing their jobs. Perhaps she could then explain to the people...
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, pursuant to the Answer of 20 April 2017 to Question 70174, on A19: accidents, what steps he is taking to reduce the number of accidents on the A19 between Seaham and the Testos roundabout.
More of Grahame Morris’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Easington
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Grahame Morris campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- General Practitioners
- Offshore Industry
- NHS: Reorganisation
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and Shadow Minister for the Constitutional Convention (28 Jun 2016 to 7 Oct 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Grahame Morris’s speeches
- Has received answers to 128 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 95 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 287 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from