Chris Skidmore’s voting in Parliament
Chris Skidmore is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Skidmore sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Skidmore consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Skidmore’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Skidmore’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Skidmore has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
Will the Secretary of State update the House on progress made in reducing the cost of agency nurses so that the money can be reinvested in full-time nursing?
My constituent Mahzia Hart was head of an outstanding multi-academy primary trust in Bath and north-east Somerset. In 2015, she resigned following bullying on social media which resulted in false accusations that were investigated by the National College for Teaching and Leadership and which were subsequently dismissed. In January 2017, Mrs Hart took the National Union of Teachers to court...
More of Chris Skidmore’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Kingswood
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Skidmore campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Teachers: Pensions
- Science: GCSE
- History: GCSE
- GCSE: History
Currently held offices
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (since 8 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Cabinet Office) (17 Jul 2016 to 8 Jan 2018)
- Member, Education Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 18 Mar 2014)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 17 Jun 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Chris Skidmore’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 97.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 95 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Skidmore’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 165 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Feb 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
23 May 2017
, received £330.95 from Jonathan Pegg Literary Agency, 67 Wingate Square, London SW4 0AF, on behalf of Orion Publishers, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0LS, for royalties for previous work, first published in May 2013
. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 27 June 2017
Payments received via Georgina Capel Associates Ltd, 29 Wardour Street, London W1D 6PS:
17 August 2017
, received £17,961.64 delivery advance of a book, comprised of £10,250 from Weidenfeld and Nicholson, The Orion Publishing Group, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ for UK
edition and £7,711.64 from St Martin
's Press, 175 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY
10010 for US
edition. Hours: approx. 768 hrs (circa 4 hrs a week over four years 2013-2017). (Registered 14 September 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from