Chris Skidmore’s voting in Parliament
Chris Skidmore is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Skidmore sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Skidmore voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Skidmore’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Skidmore’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Skidmore has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
I thank my hon. Friend the Member for Bosworth (David Tredinnick), who has been incredibly gracious in allowing me to have this debate on what could be considered a constituency matter. We have spoken about it, and it is obviously also a matter of national significance. I am grateful for his permission to speak today. I also thank the hon. Members for Strangford (Jim Shannon), for Plymouth,...
I appreciate the Minister is delivering a speech. He had my speech in advance so that he was able to reflect on my points. I would be grateful if he would address some of the specific questions I asked of him in terms of being able to look at the expertise, because it is clear from my speech that Historic England does not have that expertise and that we need to restore the battlefield committee.
I beg to move, That this House has considered the preservation of historic battlefields. Thank you, Mr Hollobone, for your generous words and for chairing the debate. I chose this subject to allow other Members to contribute, as I am aware that there are historic battlefields, both on land and at sea, in or near many constituencies. This is a national issue, and it is right that it is given...
More of Chris Skidmore’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Kingswood
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Skidmore campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Teachers: Pensions
- Science: GCSE
- History: GCSE
- GCSE: History
Currently held offices
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (since 8 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Cabinet Office) (17 Jul 2016 to 8 Jan 2018)
- Member, Education Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 18 Mar 2014)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 17 Jun 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Chris Skidmore’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.42% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Skidmore’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 172 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 1 Oct 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments received via Georgina Capel Associates Ltd, 29 Wardour Street, London W1D 6PS:
3 April 2018
, received £16,400 signature advance for a two book deal with Bloomsbury Publishing, 50 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3D. Advance for two books, the first to be published in 2021, the second in 2025. Hours: none as yet. Estimated hours: 4 hours a week on average over a seven year period (2018-2025). (Registered 01 May 2018)
26 April 2018, received £7,124.28 US
publication advance for a previously published book from St Martin
’s Press, 175 5th Avenue, New York, NY
10010. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 01 May 2018)
23 March 2018
, received £270 from the Telegraph Media, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0DT, for an article in Sunday Telegraph
. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 01 May 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from