Chris Skidmore campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Chris Skidmore’s voting in Parliament
Chris Skidmore is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Chris Skidmore’s votes.
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Skidmore’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Skidmore’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Skidmore has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Environmental Audit: Sustainable Development Goals in the UK.
Witnesses: James Wharton MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for International Development Gwen Hines, Director, International Relations Division, DFID Chris Skidmore MP, Parliamentary Secretary, Minister for the Constitution, Cabinet Office
The information requested falls within the responsibility of the UK Statistics Authority. I have asked the Authority to reply. UKSA Letter to Member - Women Salary (PDF Document, 65.78 KB)
The information requested falls within the responsibility of the UK Statistics Authority. I have asked the Authority to reply. UKSA Letter to Member - EU Nationals (PDF Document, 162.62 KB)
More of Chris Skidmore’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Kingswood
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Teachers: Pensions
- Science: GCSE
- History: GCSE
- GCSE: History
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Cabinet Office) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Education Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 18 Mar 2014)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 17 Jun 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Chris Skidmore’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Skidmore’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 128 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from