Bridget Phillipson campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Bridget Phillipson’s voting in Parliament
Bridget Phillipson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Bridget Phillipson’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bridget Phillipson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bridget Phillipson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bridget Phillipson has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
What steps he is taking to ensure support for quality apprenticeships and training programmes through current and future defence procurement.
With major defence and infrastructure projects on the horizon, now is the wrong time for the Government to be cutting funding for apprenticeships. What guarantees can the Minister give that quality apprenticeships will be protected by his Department going forward?
What recent assessment she has made of safety in prisons.
More of Bridget Phillipson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Houghton and Sunderland South
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Work Experience
- Defence: Procurement
- Government Car Service
- Reserve Forces
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 11 Oct 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 11 Oct 2011)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Bridget Phillipson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 78 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 38.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bridget Phillipson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from