Bridget Phillipson campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Bridget Phillipson’s voting in Parliament
Bridget Phillipson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Bridget Phillipson’s votes.
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Generally voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bridget Phillipson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bridget Phillipson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bridget Phillipson has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps his Department is taking to raise awareness of endometriosis among (a) the general public and (b) primary care doctors in England.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what is the average time taken for women with endometriosis to receive that diagnosis.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many women have been diagnosed with endometriosis in (a) Sunderland, (b) the North East and (c) England.
More of Bridget Phillipson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Houghton and Sunderland South
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Work Experience
- Defence: Procurement
- Government Car Service
- Reserve Forces
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 11 Oct 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 11 Oct 2011)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Bridget Phillipson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 78 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 35.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bridget Phillipson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from