Danny Kinahan’s voting in Parliament
Danny Kinahan is a UUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other UUP MPs.
This is a selection of Danny Kinahan’s votes.
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 17 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Almost always voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Danny Kinahan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Danny Kinahan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Danny Kinahan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Whether he has had discussions with representatives of Sinn Féin on that party’s priorities for Northern Ireland in the negotiations on the UK leaving the EU; and if he will make a statement.
May I, too, thank the Minister for all his hard work on behalf of Northern Ireland and Scotland? In recent weeks many discussions have taken place in Northern Ireland about electoral pacts and the bid to block Brexit, as if the decision is reversible. Does he agree that the efforts of all parties would be much better if they were put together in seeking to achieve the best possible outcome...
More of Danny Kinahan’s recent appearances
UUP MP for South Antrim, Former UUP MLA for South Antrim
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 9 June 2009 — appointed
Left the Assembly on 24 June 2015 — Resigned
Topics of interest
Danny Kinahan campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Northern Ireland Office
- Education: Standards
- Electricity Interconnectors: Republic of Ireland
- Armed Forces: Northern Ireland
- Highways Agency: Procurement
Currently held offices
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 89 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Danny Kinahan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 87 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 34 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Danny Kinahan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 77 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from