A selection of Anne McLaughlin's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne McLaughlin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne McLaughlin’s full vote analysis page for more.
I congratulate the hon. Member for Brent Central (Dawn Butler) on making me cry twice in a week. Thanks very much for that. The first time was last week at the beautiful event held at the Speaker’s House to mark this day. Today, it was understandable that there were few dry eyes in here. On 21 March 1960 an 82-year-old stonemason in Pretoria, South Africa, wrote a poem in Scottish...
I sometimes do not know whether to laugh or cry in this place.
I agree. I wish that the hon. Member for Beckenham had stayed to listen, but perhaps we shall encourage him to read Hansard. To return to the hiding of positive black role models, it is obviously worse for those who are not just black but women as well. I want to tell the story of Mary Seacole, in case hon. Members do not know it. She was a Scots Jamaican nurse who raised the money to go to...
More of Anne McLaughlin’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow North East, Former Scottish National Party MSP for Glasgow
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Entered the Scottish Parliament on 11 February 2009 — Appointed, regional replacement
Left the Scottish Parliament on 23 March 2011 — Election
Also represented Glasgow
Topics of interest
Anne McLaughlin campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Asylum: Vetting
- Legal Aid
- Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012
- Green Deal Scheme
- Department for Work and Pensions: Buildings
- Refugees: Abuse
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Civil Liberties) (20 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Anne McLaughlin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 21 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 84 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
5. Gifts and benefits from sources outside the UK
Name of donor: Tennent’s Training Academy
Address of donor: 161 Duke Street, Glasgow G31 1JD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: use of event space/venue for Constituency
staff ‘away day’ team meeting, including a tour, refreshments and lunch, value £559.20 including VAT
Date received: 11 November 2016
Date accepted: 11 November 2016
Donor status: company, registration SC366604
(Registered 23 January 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from