A selection of Lindsay Roy's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 16 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2014
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2012
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, between 2011–2014
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2013
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lindsay Roy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lindsay Roy’s full vote analysis page for more.
Will the Minister explain what steps have been taken to minimise the need for whistleblowing?
I congratulate the Chairman of the Public Administration Committee on his tremendous work in taking the matter forward and on securing today’s debate. How serious is the decision to remove the kitemark of national statistics from the police recorded crime statistics?
Does the hon. Gentleman believe, as I do, that things have to go beyond audit to a more qualitative assessment of progress? There should not simply be a tick-box mentality.
More of Lindsay Roy’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Glenrothes
Entered the House of Commons on 7 November 2008 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Civil Servants: Codes of Practice
- Borders: Personal Records
- Armed Forces: Uniforms
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Administration Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (3 Feb 2009 to 23 Feb 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Lindsay Roy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 17 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from