Ian Paisley Jnr’s voting in Parliament
Ian Paisley Jnr is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
However, Ian Paisley Jnr sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ian Paisley Jnr generally voted against smoking bans, while most DUP MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Ian Paisley Jnr generally voted for a publicly owned railway system, while most DUP MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ian Paisley Jnr’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ian Paisley Jnr’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ian Paisley Jnr has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what information her Department holds on the number of abortions which have been carried out as a result of her Department's spending in developing countries from 2011 to 2016.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, how much has been spent from the public purse on funding for the provision of abortions in developing countries from 2011 to 2016.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what estimate her Department has made of the proportion of the £1.1 billion which the Government has announced will be spent on family planning over the next five years that will be spent on the provision of abortions.
More of Ian Paisley Jnr’s recent appearances
DUP MP for North Antrim, Former DUP MLA for North Antrim
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 20 June 2010 — Resigned
Topics of interest
Ian Paisley Jnr campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Sri Lanka
- Sierra Leone
- Soft Drinks: Taxation
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (11 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Palace of Westminster (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 5 Dec 2016)
- Member, House of Commons Governance Committee (16 Oct 2014 to 17 Dec 2014)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (6 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (6 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
Name of donor: Family and Life for Public Policy
Address of donor: 3 Wellington Park, Malone Road, Belfast BT9 6BJ
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Economy return ticket and four nights accommodation in New York
and Washington DC
, total value £2,000
Destination of visit: New York and Washington DC
Dates of visit: 14-18 March 2017
Purpose of visit: Met with representatives of US Senate
and house of reps to discuss issues around the protection of unborn child.
(Registered 12 April 2017
From 19 July 2016
, unpaid chair of charitable trust established by JTI
/Gallaher to support job creation and skills development in Ballymena. (Registered 25 July 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from