Ian Paisley Jnr’s voting in Parliament
Ian Paisley Jnr is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
This is a random selection of Ian Paisley Jnr’s votes.
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
8 votes for, 27 votes against, 30 absences, between 2012–2022.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
10 votes for, 70 votes against, 36 absences, between 2010–2022.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 4 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2020.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016.
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2013–2016.
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
9 votes for, 2 votes against, 10 absences, between 2015–2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ian Paisley Jnr’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ian Paisley Jnr’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ian Paisley Jnr has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Minister must be concerned by those who seek to play down what has actually happened to innocent Israelis in the middle east. He must be gutted and alarmed that Leo Varadkar, the Prime Minister of a neighbouring state of ours, described one of the victims, an eight-year-old girl who was kidnapped and abused, as “lost”. That is unbelievable. Is the Minister concerned by the...
Order. Let us stick to the amendments, please.
More of Ian Paisley Jnr’s recent appearances
DUP MP for North Antrim, Former DUP MLA for North Antrim
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 20 June 2010 — Resigned
Topics of interest
Ian Paisley Jnr campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health and Social Care
- HM Treasury
- Sri Lanka
- Sierra Leone
- Soft Drinks: Taxation
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 15 Jan 2020)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Ballot Secrecy Bill [HL] Committee ( 1 Mar 2023 to 7 Mar 2023)
- Member, Equipment Theft (Prevention) Bill Committee (25 Jan 2023 to 1 Feb 2023)
- Member, Electricity and Gas Transmission (Compensation) Bill Committee (23 Jan 2023 to 25 Jan 2023)
- Member, Down Syndrome Bill Committee (19 Jan 2022 to 26 Jan 2022)
- Member, Motor Vehicles (Compulsory Insurance) Bill Committee (15 Dec 2021 to 5 Jan 2022)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee ( 2 Mar 2020 to 9 Jan 2023)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (22 Jun 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (11 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Palace of Westminster (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee ( 6 Jul 2015 to 5 Dec 2016)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) ( 8 May 2015 to 8 Jun 2017)
- Member, House of Commons Governance Committee (16 Oct 2014 to 17 Dec 2014)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) ( 6 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) ( 6 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Nov 2023.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: R&A Championships Limited
Address of donor: Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews KY16 9JA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality for the Open in Liverpool, value £900
Date received: 21 July 2023
Date accepted: 21 July 2023
Donor status: company, registration SC247047
(Registered 01 August 2023)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: General Confederation of Moroccan Enterprises (CGEM
Address of Donor: 23, Boulevard Mohamed Abdou Quartier, Palmiers 20340, Casablanca, Morocco
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, travel and subsistence, value £2,226
Destination of visit: Morocco
Dates of visit: 11-14 April 2023
Purpose of visit: APPG
on Morocco visit to as part of promoting links and mutual understanding between Britain and Morocco.
(Registered 18 May 2023)
From 19 July 2016, unpaid chair of charitable trust established by JTI
/Gallaher to support job creation and skills development in Ballymena. (Registered 25 July 2016)
Since 30 April 2021 I have co-ordinated crowdfunding for a legal action by businesses and employers to challenge the Northern Ireland Protocol
. (Registered 18 June 2021)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)