A selection of Tom Elliott's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 12 votes against, 1 abstention, 4 absences, between 2016–2017
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords
Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2016–2017
Has never voted on a wholly elected House of Lords
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tom Elliott’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tom Elliott’s full vote analysis page for more.
Whether he has had discussions with representatives of Sinn Féin on that party’s priorities for Northern Ireland in the negotiations on the UK leaving the EU; and if he will make a statement.
I thank the Minister for that answer and for his interest in Northern Ireland; he has come over to visit us—including my constituency, which has a long and significant land border with the Republic of Ireland—on a number of occasions. How can he and the Department ensure that there is further good co-operation as Brexit negotiations continue, particularly in the absence of a Northern...
I hate to be someone who repeats things, Madam Deputy Speaker, but I think that you were also in the Chair when I made my maiden speech. I hope that that is not a bad omen. To get back to the Bill, I am at a slight disadvantage compared with other Members who served on the Committee and have a better insight into the Bill. I want to restrict my speech mainly to Lords amendment 1. I found...
More of Tom Elliott’s recent appearances
Former UUP MP for Fermanagh and South Tyrone, Former UUP MLA for Fermanagh and South Tyrone
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Entered the Assembly on 26 November 2003 — General election
Left the Assembly on 29 June 2015 — Resigned
Topics of interest
Tom Elliott campaigned to leave the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Northern Ireland Office
- Home Office
- Department for International Development
- LIBOR: Fines
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Fuels: Tax Evasion
- Electoral Register: Northern Ireland
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 53 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Tom Elliott’s speeches
- Has received answers to 60 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 23 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 40 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property occupied by mother and approx. 85 acres of farmland in Tullyrain, Co. Fermanagh (see category 8 below): (i). (Registered 03 June 2015)
Unpaid director of Janard Properties Ltd. (Registered 03 June 2015)
I continue to farm my lands at Tullyrain, Co. Fermanagh. There has been nil profits for the last 4 years. (Registered 03 June 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my sister, Thelma Lancaster, as part time Secretary. (Registered 31 January 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from