A selection of Dai Davies's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
18 votes for, 16 votes against, 7 absences, between 2008–2009
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Dai Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Dai Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs pursuant to the Oral Statement of 23 March 2010, Official Report, columns 133-4, on UK passports (use in Dubai murder), what the other reasons are for not releasing the report by the Serious Organised Crime Agency.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change whether there are mechanisms in place to assist the provision of energy efficiency measures and equipment in (a) community centres, (b) public halls, (c) social clubs and (d) other community facilities; and what recent representations he has received from community representatives on those matters.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government who represented his Department at the World Urban Forum in Rio de Janeiro in March 2010; and whether his Department allocated funding to that forum.
More of Dai Davies’s recent appearances
Former Independent MP for Blaenau Gwent
Entered the House of Commons on 30 June 2006 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- Nuclear Weapons
- Climate Change
- Nuclear Power
- Banks: Regulation
- Nuclear Disarmament
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Dai Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 330 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.02% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 29 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from