A selection of Willie Rennie's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2008
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
30 votes for, 6 votes against, 6 absences, between 2006–2009
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Willie Rennie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Willie Rennie’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills what recent assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the small firms loan guarantee scheme.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills what discussions his Department has had with Royal Bank of Scotland on its administration of the small firms loan guarantee scheme.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence pursuant to the answer of 29 January 2010, Official Report, column 1117W, on armed forces: housing, when he plans to write to the hon. Member for Dunfermline and West Fife.
More of Willie Rennie’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
Entered the House of Commons on 10 February 2006 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Armed Forces: Health Services
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Aircraft Carriers
Other offices held in the past
- Chair of Parliamentary Campaigns; Shadow Defence Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Chair of Parliamentary Campaigns Team, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Defence Committee (6 Jun 2006 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Defence (21 Mar 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Willie Rennie’s speeches
- Has received answers to 244 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 106 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from