What progress he has made on the Northern Futures project; and if he will make a statement.
I thank my right hon. Friend for that answer. Northern Futures is a major part of the coalition Government’s efforts to rebalance the economy after decades of over-investment in and focus on London and the south-east. Constituencies such as Cheadle, where unemployment is now just 1.4%, are key beneficiaries. Does he agree that this will be one of this Administration’s greatest...
Will the Prime Minister join me in paying tribute to the many dedicated health professionals who work at St Ann’s hospice in my constituency, and does he agree that the decision to devolve £6 billion of NHS spending to Greater Manchester presents a tremendous opportunity to integrate health care services better and secure a more positive long-term funding arrangement for our local...
More of Mark Hunter’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Cheadle
Entered the House of Commons on 15 July 2005 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Schools and Families
- Prostate Cancer
- Driving Offences: Insurance
- Police: Road Traffic
- Driving Offences
- Roads: Safety
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 13 Oct 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 14 Oct 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Transport Minister; Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Leader (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (1 Jul 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 28 Apr 2008)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 28 Apr 2008)
- Leader's Parliamentary Private Secretary, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (18 Oct 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (10 Mar 2006 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (25 Oct 2005 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) (10 May 2005 to 10 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Hunter’s speeches
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 87 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 123 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from