Angus MacNeil’s voting in Parliament
Angus MacNeil is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
However, Angus MacNeil sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Angus MacNeil generally voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angus MacNeil’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angus MacNeil’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angus MacNeil has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, on what (a) policy and (b) technical areas he plans to consult the devolved administrations when (i) scoping and (ii) negotiating new free trade agreements; and what steps his Department has taken to identify such areas in which it will be necessary for different provisions of free trade agreements to apply to take account of differences...
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will be 95 years old in December. In that UK, Scottish economic growth is a quarter of that of independent Iceland and a third of that of independent Ireland. Given that the Prime Minister supports Irish independence and the benefits that that has brought to Ireland’s economy and population, why does she oppose it for Scotland?...
More of Angus MacNeil’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Angus MacNeil campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet: Glasgow
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Currently held offices
- Chair, International Trade Committee (since 19 Oct 2016)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 19 Oct 2016)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Nov 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Chair, Energy and Climate Change Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Tranpsort) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitutional Reform) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Scotland) (1 Jul 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jul 2007 to 1 Jul 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (5 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Tenant crofter on the Island of Barra.
Name of donor: Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA 270
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £1,137
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 8-10 September 2016
Purpose of visit: Gibraltar National Day
, as Deputy Foreign Affairs Spokesperson for the SNP
and member of the Gibraltar APPG
(Registered 03 October 2016
Name of donor: Hong Kong Government
Address of donor: c/o Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, 18 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights valued at approx. £8,500; accommodation 4 nights) and food valued at £1,652; other transport and hospitality to a value of approx £207; approx £10,359 in total
Dates of visit: 9-13 January 2017
Purpose of visit: to maintain bilateral ties; support British businesses operating in Hong Kong, and deepen the knowledge of parliamentarians of Hong Kong’s political, social and economic development.
(Registered 27 February 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Glasgow: (i) and (ii).
Flat in London: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from