Angus MacNeil’s voting in Parliament
Angus MacNeil is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
However, Angus MacNeil sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Angus MacNeil generally voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Angus MacNeil voted for restrictions on fees charged to tenants by letting agents, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angus MacNeil’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angus MacNeil’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angus MacNeil has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2019
European Union (Revocation of Notification of Withdrawal) (No. 2) Bill: Second Reading – Angus MacNeil.
Other than spending consequentials in this centralised UK state, there are no fiscal transfers from the south to the north of England—for example, when the north of England got damaged by the air transport policy that the UK ran for about 40 years. I just caution the Minister against being too complacent. The UK is not doing what it should to offset the bias of the sterling zone and the UK...
On that idea of keeping Parliament in the dark, if the UK and the EU were to enter into a trade negotiation, European parliamentarians would know more than Members of the House of Commons, and our best way of finding out what was happening would be to ask our friends from Ireland. Far from us taking back control, the European Parliament would actually have more control in that particular...
More of Angus MacNeil’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Angus MacNeil campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet: Glasgow
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee Sub-committee on the effectiveness and influence of the select committee system (since 13 Feb 2019)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Chair, International Trade Committee (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment and Rural Affairs) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, International Trade Committee (19 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Chair, Energy and Climate Change Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Transport) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitutional Reform) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Scotland) (1 Jul 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jul 2007 to 1 Jul 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (5 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Feb 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Tenant crofter on the Island of Barra.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: BT
Address of donor: 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket with hospitality at a Six Nations Rugby match, with a value of £600
Date received: 24 February 2018
Date accepted: 24 February 2018
Donor status: company, registration 4190816
(Registered 19 March 2018)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation with a total value of £1,177.30
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 6-10 September 2018
Purpose of visit: Attending Gibraltar National Day as a member of the Gibraltar APPG
and Chair of the International Trade Select Committee
(Registered 19 September 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Joint ownership of house in Fort William
: (i). (Updated 23 June 2015)
Flat in Glasgow: (i) and (ii).
Flat in London: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)