Angus MacNeil’s voting in Parliament
Angus MacNeil is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
However, Angus MacNeil sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Angus MacNeil generally voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Angus MacNeil voted for restrictions on fees charged to tenants by letting agents, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angus MacNeil’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angus MacNeil’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angus MacNeil has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. The Prime Minister spoke about the will of Parliament, and we have to investigate that further. When can we test the will of this House on the choices that are now left—no deal versus revoking article 50? Can we test those in the House, bearing in mind that in Scotland the European Union is more popular in the polls than the United Kingdom, as the Prime...
It is six long weeks since this process began on 4 December, and I would just like to start with a book recommendation that I hope you will find very good reading, Mr Speaker. Fintan O’Toole’s “Heroic Failure: Brexit and the Politics of Pain” is a great read that explains the psychology behind Brexit and exactly why the colonialists in there got themselves in this situation—will we...
The Attorney General admitted that there are two problems with the deal. It is a bit like a yachtsman who, when seeing his yacht on the rocks, says, “That anchor chain was great. Only two links were bad.” That is what he is giving the House. It is a disaster, and well he knows it. My second point is that he misunderstood the point made by my hon. Friend the Member for Kilmarnock and...
More of Angus MacNeil’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Angus MacNeil campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet: Glasgow
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Chair, International Trade Committee (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment and Rural Affairs) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, International Trade Committee (19 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Chair, Energy and Climate Change Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Transport) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitutional Reform) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Scotland) (1 Jul 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jul 2007 to 1 Jul 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (5 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Tenant crofter on the Island of Barra.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: BT
Address of donor: 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket with hospitality at a Six Nations Rugby match, with a value of £600
Date received: 24 February 2018
Date accepted: 24 February 2018
Donor status: company, registration 4190816
(Registered 19 March 2018)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation with a total value of £1,177.30
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 6-10 September 2018
Purpose of visit: Attending Gibraltar National Day as a member of the Gibraltar APPG
and Chair of the International Trade Select Committee
(Registered 19 September 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Joint ownership of house in Fort William
: (i). (Updated 23 June 2015)
Flat in Glasgow: (i) and (ii).
Flat in London: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)