Angus MacNeil’s voting in Parliament
Angus MacNeil is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
However, Angus MacNeil sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Angus MacNeil generally voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angus MacNeil’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angus MacNeil’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angus MacNeil has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
Brexit has had many titles, but in my view it is fast becoming the Laurel and Hardy Brexit, because it is one never-ending fine mess—a multifaceted fine mess, indeed. My hon. Friend the Member for Inverclyde (Ronnie Cowan) keeps a running total on how time is passing. It is 530 days since the Brexit vote, when apparently all the voters knew what they were voting for, yet we are still...
On a point of order, Mrs Laing. Are summits now to be sovereign over Parliament?
Will the right hon. Gentleman give way?
More of Angus MacNeil’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Angus MacNeil campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet: Glasgow
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Chair, International Trade Committee (since 12 Jul 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment and Rural Affairs) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, International Trade Committee (19 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Chair, Energy and Climate Change Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Transport) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitutional Reform) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Scotland) (1 Jul 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jul 2007 to 1 Jul 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (5 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Dec 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Tenant crofter on the Island of Barra.
Name of donor: Hong Kong Government
Address of donor: c/o Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, 18 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights valued at approx. £8,500; accommodation 4 nights) and food valued at £1,652; other transport and hospitality to a value of approx £207; approx £10,359 in total
Dates of visit: 9-13 January 2017
Purpose of visit: to maintain bilateral ties; support British businesses operating in Hong Kong, and deepen the knowledge of parliamentarians of Hong Kong’s political, social and economic development.
(Registered 27 February 2017
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £636; accommodation £476; total value £1,112
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 7-11 September 2017
Purpose of visit: Delegation from the APPG
for Gibraltar at invitation of HM Government to attend National Day
celebrations, briefings and visit Parliament.
(Registered 17 October 2017
Name of donor: (1) London City Airport
Address of donor: (1) London City Airport, Hartmann Road, London E16 2PX (2) 316 Route de Bayonne, 31300 Toulouse, France
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): (1) Flights £522.06; accommodation £288; total £810.06 (2) transport and hospitality £290
Destination of visit: Toulouse, France
Dates of visit: 24-26 August 2017
Purpose of visit: To understand issues surrounding Airbus regarding Brexit, particularly free movement of people and customs union.
(Registered 23 October 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Glasgow: (i) and (ii).
Flat in London: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from