A selection of Jim McGovern's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2007–2015
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2013
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 25 votes against, 6 absences, between 2012–2015
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2014
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
48 votes for, 6 votes against, 14 absences, between 2006–2014
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2010–2012
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jim McGovern’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jim McGovern’s full vote analysis page for more.
The Work programme is obviously failing in my constituency and in the city of Dundee as a whole, where only one in seven participants actually get a job. What will the Minister do to address that problem?
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what steps his Department is taking to (a) encourage firms to pay a fair wage to workers in their overseas supply chains and (b) stop other forms of exploitation of those workers.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what steps his Department is taking to (a) tackle the gender pay gap and (b) increase the number of women in the video games industry.
More of Jim McGovern’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Dundee West
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Trade and Industry
- Housing Benefit
- Digital Television
- Food (Nutritional Content)
- Cash-in-transit Crime
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Pat McFadden, Minister of State), Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (11 Nov 2008 to 17 Dec 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (4 Feb 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Mr Pat McFadden, Minister of State), Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 11 Nov 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Jim McGovern’s speeches
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from