Stewart Hosie’s voting in Parliament
Stewart Hosie is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
However, Stewart Hosie sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stewart Hosie generally voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stewart Hosie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stewart Hosie’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stewart Hosie has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what estimate he has made of the costs incurred by his Department in the current financial year in preparation for the UK leaving the EU.
It may well be that sheltering from our tax authorities sums of money greater than the GDP of many countries is not illegal, but does the Minister agree that that is precisely the problem? Does he also agree that the Paradise papers revelations, and the massive sums involved, now offer no hiding place for those who would deny a public register of beneficial ownership of funds and trusts, as...
My hon. Friend makes the interesting point that this is not simply about making a change for the future, but about repaying the money that has been overpaid for some years. Will she re-emphasise to the UK Government the message that we are not simply looking for such a change, but want paid back that which should never have been paid in the first place?
More of Stewart Hosie’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Dundee East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Stewart Hosie campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Billing
- Departmental Manpower
- Departments: Private Finance Initiative
- Departmental Public Participation
- Departmental Buildings
Currently held offices
- Member, Treasury Sub-Committee (since 14 Sep 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Treasury Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (9 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, House of Commons Commission (9 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Economy) (13 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
- Deputy Leader, Scottish National Party (14 Nov 2014 to 13 Oct 2016)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- SNP Chief Whip (15 Jun 2010 to 20 May 2015)
- SNP Deputy Leader (15 Jun 2010 to 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Treasury) (15 Jun 2010 to 13 May 2015)
- Shadow Chief Whip (Commons) (10 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Women) (10 May 2005 to 10 Oct 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 10 Oct 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Dundee United Football Club
Address of donor: Tannadice Park, Dundee DD3 7JW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Entry to Tannadice and hospitality for the current season for myself and an occasional guest, value £500
Date received: 6 August 2016
Date accepted: 6 August 2016
Donor status: company, registration SCO13690
(Registered 14 October 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from