Pat McFadden’s voting in Parliament
Pat McFadden is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Pat McFadden sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Pat McFadden generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Pat McFadden’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Pat McFadden’s full vote analysis page for more.
Pat McFadden has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2019
The problem with this “walk away” analogy is that in any other negotiation when someone walks away, the status quo applies. That is not the case here: when we walk away from this, a whole new and terribly damaging set of new things comes into force. That is why this analogy with a business deal is so fatuous, ridiculous and wrong.
Are not all these meetings and activity that my right hon. and learned Friend is outlining, when it comes to these alternative arrangements, really just a repetition of the Brexit unicorns on no hard border that we have heard time and again? The reality is that the Government’s strategy on this is the same as it has always been, which is the desperate hope that Chancellor Merkel will come...
More of Pat McFadden’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wolverhampton South East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Pat McFadden campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for International Trade
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Sickle Cell Diseases
- European Union
- Department for International Trade: Staff
- Defence Training Review
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (20 Oct 2014 to 5 Jan 2016)
- Member, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 24 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (Employment Relations and Postal Affairs) (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Cabinet Office) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)