Pat McFadden’s voting in Parliament
Pat McFadden is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Pat McFadden sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Pat McFadden generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Pat McFadden’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Pat McFadden’s full vote analysis page for more.
Pat McFadden has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Mar 2019
When the Prime Minister set out the timetable for this week a couple of weeks ago, she did not say that the vote on an extension was to be linked to acceptance of the deal. When she set out those arrangements, the premise was that we would come to this point after the defeat of her deal, which is what has happened. Now we find, from her reaction to the vote last night, that the Government’s...
More of Pat McFadden’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wolverhampton South East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Pat McFadden campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for International Trade
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Sickle Cell Diseases
- European Union
- Department for International Trade: Staff
- Defence Training Review
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (20 Oct 2014 to 5 Jan 2016)
- Member, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 24 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (Employment Relations and Postal Affairs) (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Cabinet Office) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 60 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Pat McFadden’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Pat McFadden’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 631 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)