A selection of Adam Afriyie's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2017
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2010–2011
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
14 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2012–2014
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2007–2016
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Adam Afriyie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Adam Afriyie’s full vote analysis page for more.
My hon. Friend is making a very powerful speech, and I agree wholeheartedly with him on tobacco duty. In fact, I would go further and urge the Chancellor, as well as everyone in the House, not only to increase the duty on cigarettes significantly, but, conversely, to ensure that vaping and heat-not-burn devices get a better hearing, because switching to such devices will actually save lives...
The picture of doom and gloom that the hon. Gentleman paints is completely disconnected from the reality for people overall. Will he at least acknowledge that those in the lowest quartile have had a bigger tax cut than those in the highest quartile?
I very much welcome this Government’s healthy commitment to scientific spending over several years, but it seems that our business investment in research is below the OECD average. May I urge the Chancellor to examine measures that will increase private company business expenditure on research?
More of Adam Afriyie’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Windsor
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Adam Afriyie campaigned to leave the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Universities and Skills
- Members: Allowances
- Heathrow Airport
- Departmental Information and Communications Technology
- Energy: Meters
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Members' Expenses Committee (19 Jul 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (18 Jul 2011 to 19 Jul 2011)
- Chair, Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (16 Nov 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (17 Dec 2007 to 13 Oct 2008)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 17 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Science and Innovation) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (17 Jul 2005 to 30 Oct 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Adam Afriyie’s speeches
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 157 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 174 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Axonn Media Ltd; news and information services company.
Connect Support Services Ltd; IT
Brafton Media Incorporated; news and information services company.
Senate Media Ltd (formerly Adfero Media Ltd); digital animation, video and infographic company. (Registered 26 March 2013
; updated 20 February 2017)
Castleford Media Pty Ltd; news and information services company. (Registered 20 February 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from