Tim Farron’s voting in Parliament
Tim Farron is a Liberal Democrat MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Liberal Democrat MPs.
However, Tim Farron sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Tim Farron voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year, while most Liberal Democrat MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Tim Farron voted against selling England’s state owned forests, while most Liberal Democrat MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Tim Farron generally voted against allowing national security sensitive evidence to be put before courts in secret sessions, while most Liberal Democrat MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tim Farron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tim Farron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tim Farron has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Feb 2019
Hospital Patients (Transport) Bill: Second Reading – Tim Farron.
Railways (Franchises) Bill: Second Reading – Tim Farron.
Refugees (Family Reunion) Bill [Lords]: Second Reading – Tim Farron.
More of Tim Farron’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Tim Farron campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Hill Farming
- Departmental Food
Currently held offices
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (since 12 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Leader of the Liberal Democrats (16 Jul 2015 to 20 Jul 2017)
- Party Chair, Liberal Democrats (1 Jan 2011 to 31 Dec 2014)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Environment) (7 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (20 Dec 2007 to 7 Oct 2008)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (1 Apr 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (22 May 2006 to 12 Jul 2007)
- Leader's Parliamentary Private Secretary, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (21 Mar 2006 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 22 May 2006)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Children, Schools and Families) (10 May 2005 to 5 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Feb 2019.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Good Faith Partnership LLP
Address of donor: 77 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2EZ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: the services of a policy adviser for three days per week from 5 February 2018 to 31 December 2018; approx. value £25,320
Date received: 5 February 2018 - 31 December 2018
Date accepted: 5 February 2018
Donor status: company, registration OC412989
(Registered 01 March 2018)
Name of donor: Faith in Public Ltd
Address of donor: 10 Queen Street Place, London EC4R 1BE
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: the services of two policy advisers for a total of 30 hrs per week between 16 April 2018 and 1 April 2020, total value £50,319 (£25,289 in 2018/19 and £25,030 in 2019/20)
Date received: 16 April 2018 - 1 April 2020 (expected)
Date accepted: 16 April 2018
Donor status: company, registration 11134849
(Registered 16 May 2018)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: National Liberal Club
Address of donor: Whitehall
Place, London SW1A 2HE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: honorary life membership as Leader of the Liberal Democrats
; value £735 pa plus £367.50 entrance fee.
Date received: 1 August 2015
Date accepted: 1 August 2015
Donor status: friendly society
(Registered 10 August 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from