Tim Farron’s voting in Parliament
Tim Farron is a Liberal Democrat MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Liberal Democrat MPs.
However, Tim Farron sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Tim Farron generally voted against allowing national security sensitive evidence to be put before courts in secret sessions, while most Liberal Democrat MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tim Farron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tim Farron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tim Farron has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, what assessment he has made of the potential effect of tariff increases on the viability of the UK agriculture industry sector in the event that the UK leaves the single market.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, pursuant to the Answer of 21 March 2017 to Question 68249, on drugs: sentencing, how many people serving a custodial sentence for drug offences are serving that sentence for personal possession.
More of Tim Farron’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Tim Farron campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Hill Farming
- Departmental Food
Currently held offices
- Leader of the Liberal Democrats (since 16 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Party Chair, Liberal Democrats (1 Jan 2011 to 31 Dec 2014)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Environment) (7 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (20 Dec 2007 to 7 Oct 2008)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (1 Apr 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (22 May 2006 to 12 Jul 2007)
- Leader's Parliamentary Private Secretary, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (21 Mar 2006 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 22 May 2006)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Children, Schools and Families) (10 May 2005 to 5 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Tim Farron’s speeches
- Has received answers to 330 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 37.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 188 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tim Farron’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 206 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Hat Trick Productions, 33 Oval Road, London NW1 7EA, for appearing as a panellist on 'Have I Got News for You':
28 October 2016
, received £1,500. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 28 October 2016)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: BTP
Advisers International Ltd
Address of donor: 33 St. James's Square, London SW1Y 4JS
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 08522892
(Registered 04 April 2016
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: National Liberal Club
Address of donor: Whitehall
Place, London SW1A 2HE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: honorary life membership as Leader of the Liberal Democrats
; value £735 pa plus £367.50 entrance fee.
Date received: 1 August 2015
Date accepted: 1 August 2015
Donor status: friendly society
(Registered 10 August 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from