Tim Farron campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Tim Farron’s voting in Parliament
Tim Farron is a Liberal Democrat MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Liberal Democrat MPs.
However, Tim Farron sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Tim Farron generally voted against allowing national security sensitive evidence to be put before courts in secret sessions, while most Liberal Democrat MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tim Farron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tim Farron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tim Farron has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps his Department is taking to improve GP training for the diagnosis of Lyme disease.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many GP surgeries do not have access to a high-speed broadband internet connection in each region.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether his Department has plans to improve the quality of Lyme disease tests.
More of Tim Farron’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Hill Farming
- Departmental Food
Currently held offices
- Leader of the Liberal Democrats (since 16 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Environment) (7 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (20 Dec 2007 to 7 Oct 2008)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (1 Apr 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (22 May 2006 to 12 Jul 2007)
- Leader's Parliamentary Private Secretary, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (21 Mar 2006 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 22 May 2006)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Children, Schools and Families) (10 May 2005 to 5 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Tim Farron’s speeches
- Has received answers to 133 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 33.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 189 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tim Farron’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 194 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
21 December 2015
, received £1,500 from Hat Trick Productions, 33 Oval Road, London NW1 7EA, for appearing as a panellist on 'Have I Got News for You'. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 21 December 2015)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: BTP
Advisers International Ltd
Address of donor: 33 St. James's Square, London SW1Y 4JS
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 08522892
(Registered 04 April 2016
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: National Liberal Club
Address of donor: Whitehall
Place, London SW1A 2HE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: honorary life membership as Leader of the Liberal Democrats
; value £735 pa plus £367.50 entrance fee.
Date received: 1 August 2015
Date accepted: 1 August 2015
Donor status: friendly society
(Registered 10 August 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from