Lyn Brown’s voting in Parliament
Lyn Brown is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Lyn Brown sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lyn Brown’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lyn Brown’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lyn Brown has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, what discussions he has had with representatives of (a) the African Union and (b) the Commonwealth in relation to the coup in Gabon on 30 August 2023.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, with reference to Integrated Food Security Phase Classification's publication entitled MADAGASCAR [GRAND SUD AND GRAND SUD-EST]: Food Security and Nutrition Snapshot, published on 22 August 2023, whether he plans to take steps to support (a) children, (b) pregnant women and (c) lactating women with acute...
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, what recent discussions he has had with (a) the government of Algeria and (b) other regional states and partner organisations on peace and security in northern Mali.
More of Lyn Brown’s recent appearances
Labour MP for West Ham
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Lyn Brown campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Justice
- Commonwealth and Development Office
- Home Office
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Prisons: Coronavirus
- Prisoners' Release: Homelessness
- Prisons: Education
- Ministers: Official Cars
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs) (since 4 Dec 2021)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (10 Apr 2020 to 4 Dec 2021)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (12 Jan 2018 to 10 Apr 2020)
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (Policing) (14 Oct 2016 to 12 Jan 2018)
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) ( 7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) ( 8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 18 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Denham, Secretary of State), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Levelling Up, Housing and Communities Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 15 Jan 2007)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee ( 5 Dec 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Sep 2023.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Ditchley Foundation
Address of donor: Ditchley Park, Chipping Norton OX7 4ER
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Whilst attending a conference, accommodation and hospitality for me and a member of staff, value £1,080.48
Date received: 13 October 2022
Date accepted: 13 October 2022
Donor status: other (charity, registration 309657)
(Registered 09 November 2022)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Friends of the British Overseas Territories
Address of donor: PO
Box 2635, Ilford IG1 8UA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation, value £534.92
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 8-10 September 2022
Purpose of visit: A parliamentary delegation to Gibraltar as a British overseas territory to celebrate Gibraltar National Day
(Registered 23 September 2022)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
One quarter share in a rental property in Ambleside, Cumbria: (i) and (ii). (Updated 26 July 2016)
A half share in a commercial property in Munich, Germany
: (i) and (ii). (Updated 3 August 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.