Lyn Brown’s voting in Parliament
Lyn Brown is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Lyn Brown sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lyn Brown’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lyn Brown’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lyn Brown has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Minister of State, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, with reference to the decision of the International Parliamentary Union Governing Council on Case SWZ-COLL-01, published on 27 October 2023, what recent steps he has taken to support the rule of law and political space in Eswatini; and whether he has taken recent steps to support (a) trade union and (b) other civil...
To ask the Minister of State, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, what recent assessment he has made of the implications for his policies of the level of risk of (a) identity-based violence and (b) other potential abuses against members of Tuareg communities in Mali.
I want to talk about some of the massive challenges we face in Newham, because frankly the autumn statement offers precious little to solve them. I will start with the scourge of knife crime. In Newham, our communities have been brutalised by knife attacks over many years. August alone saw 38 attacks that caused injury—the highest number for five years—leaving many young lives destroyed,...
More of Lyn Brown’s recent appearances
Labour MP for West Ham
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Lyn Brown campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Justice
- Commonwealth and Development Office
- Home Office
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Prisons: Coronavirus
- Prisoners' Release: Homelessness
- Prisons: Education
- Ministers: Official Cars
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs) (since 4 Dec 2021)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (10 Apr 2020 to 4 Dec 2021)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (12 Jan 2018 to 10 Apr 2020)
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (Policing) (14 Oct 2016 to 12 Jan 2018)
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) ( 7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) ( 8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 18 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Denham, Secretary of State), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Levelling Up, Housing and Communities Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 15 Jan 2007)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee ( 5 Dec 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Nov 2023.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Ditchley Foundation
Address of donor: Ditchley Park, Chipping Norton OX7 4ER
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Whilst attending a conference, accommodation and hospitality for me and a member of staff, value £1,080.48
Date received: 13 October 2022
Date accepted: 13 October 2022
Donor status: other (charity, registration 309657)
(Registered 09 November 2022)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
One quarter share in a rental property in Ambleside, Cumbria: (i) and (ii). (Updated 26 July 2016)
A half share in a commercial property in Munich, Germany
: (i) and (ii). (Updated 3 August 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.