Grant Shapps’s voting in Parliament
Grant Shapps is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Grant Shapps sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Grant Shapps generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Grant Shapps’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Grant Shapps’s full vote analysis page for more.
Grant Shapps has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what recent steps she has taken to reduce nuisance telephone calls to elderly or vulnerable residents.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many jobs he estimates will be lost in (a) Welwyn Hatfield constituency and (b) England in the 12 months after the discussion to reduce spending on community pharmacies.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many pharmacies he estimates will close in (a) Welwyn Hatfield constituency and (b) England in the next 12 months.
More of Grant Shapps’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Welwyn Hatfield
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Grant Shapps campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Housing: Low Incomes
- Departments: Property
- Departmental Training
- Homes and Communities Agency
- Mortgages: Government Assistance
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (15 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- The Minister of State, Department for International Development (8 May 2015 to 28 Nov 2015)
- Minister without Portfolio (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (11 Oct 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- The Minister for Housing (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Housing and Planning) (20 Dec 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Feb 2007)
- Co-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Putterills of Hertfordshire (Welwyn Garden City
Address of donor: Lewis House, Great Chesterford Court, Great Chesterford, Essex. CB10
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000 donated via Welwyn Hatfield Business Club
Donor status: company, registration 04417234
(Registered 27 June 2016
Name of donor: Mr Sarbjit Singh Jhooty
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 21 February 2017
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
PrintHouse Corporation Ltd.
From 2016, Chair of the British Infrastructure Group of MPs (BIG
) which brings together cross-party Members of Parliament
dedicated to promoting better infrastructure across the United Kingdom. The group has received no external funding or other benefits. (Registered 25 January 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from