David Simpson’s voting in Parliament
David Simpson is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
However, David Simpson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Simpson generally voted for reducing capital gains tax, while most DUP MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Simpson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Simpson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
I congratulate the hon. Gentleman on securing this debate. Does he agree that the Government need to look at the services that post offices provide, which they are losing, and the return that they are getting on them?
The Secretary of State is outlining very well the business that this House may have to do and the business that he has to do today. But does he accept that we would not be in this place were it not for the arrogance of Sinn Féin, who walked away from the Executive and left Northern Ireland in the predicament we are in today?
My hon. Friend mentioned the mother of one of the victims and he has mentioned children. Sometimes we are inclined to forget about the families who are left all these years after such events happened. I am sure he will agree that we must keep them to the fore.
More of David Simpson’s recent appearances
DUP MP for Upper Bann, Former DUP MLA for Upper Bann
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 26 November 2003 — General election
Left the Assembly on 1 July 2010 — Resigned
Topics of interest
David Simpson campaigned to leave the European Union
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Staff
- Departmental Visits Abroad
- Departments: Official Hospitality
- Departmental Sick Leave
- Ministerial Visits (Accommodation)
Currently held offices
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (10 Feb 2016 to 2 Nov 2016)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (6 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (1 Jun 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (10 Nov 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2007 to 10 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (1 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Transport) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (25 Oct 2005 to 9 Nov 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (24 Oct 2005 to 9 Nov 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Universal Meat Company, 17A Derrycoose Road, Annaghmore, BT62 1LY. Meat importers/exporters. Advisory role: dealing with banks. Until further notice, I will receive a quarterly payment of £3,000. Hours: 36 hrs per quarter. (Updated 16 September 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Farmlands, 17 Derrycoose Road, Annaghmore, Portadown, BT62 1LY: (i) and (ii).
Farmlands, Derryhirk Road, Dungannon: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from