David Simpson’s voting in Parliament
David Simpson is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
This is a selection of David Simpson’s votes.
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2007–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 7 absences, between 2008–2016
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 13 absences, between 2012–2018
Voted a mixture of for and against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2018
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Simpson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Simpson’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Simpson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 May 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, whether he has any plans to increase the time pupils participate in physical education.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what steps his Department is taking to prevent cheating in examinations.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what steps his Department is taking to recruit new soldiers into the armed forces.
More of David Simpson’s recent appearances
DUP MP for Upper Bann, Former DUP MLA for Upper Bann
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 26 November 2003 — General election
Left the Assembly on 1 July 2010 — Resigned
Topics of interest
David Simpson campaigned to leave the European Union
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Staff
- Departmental Visits Abroad
- Departments: Official Hospitality
- Departmental Sick Leave
- Ministerial Visits (Accommodation)
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 14 Jul 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (10 Feb 2016 to 2 Nov 2016)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (6 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (1 Jun 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (10 Nov 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2007 to 10 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (1 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Transport) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (25 Oct 2005 to 9 Nov 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (24 Oct 2005 to 9 Nov 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Universal Meat Company, 17A Derrycoose Road, Annaghmore, BT62 1LY. Meat importers/exporters. Advisory role: dealing with banks. Until further notice, I will receive a quarterly payment of £3,000. Hours: 36 hrs per quarter. (Updated 16 September 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Farmlands, 17 Derrycoose Road, Annaghmore, Portadown, BT62 1LY: (i) and (ii).
Farmlands, Derryhirk Road, Dungannon: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from