A selection of Siân James’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2015.
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 5 absences, between 2008–2014.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
35 votes for, 4 votes against, 29 absences, between 2006–2014.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2011–2012.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2013.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 17 votes against, 12 absences, between 2010–2015.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Siân James’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Siân James’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many women with home postcodes in Wales who have children and are held in English prisons (a) have applied to be placed in mother and baby units in English prisons, (b) were successful in their application and (c) were refused in the most recent period for which figures are available.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what (a) Welsh language library books and (b) other facilities there are for women in English prisons whose home postcode is in Wales.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many women who have home postcodes in Wales were (a) remanded in and (b) sent to English prisons in the most recent period for which figures are available.
More of Siân James’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Swansea East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Rail Services
- Skin Cancer
- Great Western Trains
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 22 Nov 2010)
- PPS (Gareth Thomas, Minister of State), Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (30 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Gareth Thomas, Minister of State), Department for International Development (30 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Mr Gareth Thomas), Department for International Development (27 Nov 2008 to 10 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Mr Gareth Thomas ), Department for International Development (13 Nov 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Paul Murphy, Secretary of State), Wales Office (13 Nov 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- Member, Justice Committee ( 6 Nov 2007 to 16 May 2011)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (17 Jul 2006 to 5 Nov 2007)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee ( 5 Dec 2005 to 13 Nov 2007)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: Creative Commons Attribution 2.0