Jeremy Hunt campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Jeremy Hunt’s voting in Parliament
Jeremy Hunt is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Jeremy Hunt’s votes.
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jeremy Hunt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jeremy Hunt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jeremy Hunt has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Health Service Medical Supplies (Costs) Bill - 2nd reading – Jeremy Hunt.
Health: Department of Health and NHS finances.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP, Secretary of State for Health Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England Jim Mackey, Chief Executive, NHS Improvement David Williams, Director General of Finance and Group Operations, Department of Health
More of Jeremy Hunt’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South West Surrey
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Schools and Families
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Information Officers
- Departmental Plants
- National Lottery
- Departmental Staff
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Health (since 6 Sep 2012)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Jul 2006)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Jeremy Hunt’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 17 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 259 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jeremy Hunt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1061 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Half-share of holiday house in Italy: (i) and (ii).
Half-share of an office building in Hammersmith: (i) and (ii).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from