Jeremy Hunt’s voting in Parliament
Jeremy Hunt is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Jeremy Hunt’s votes.
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
7 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2016
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
14 votes for, 52 votes against, 23 absences, between 2008–2017
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
10 votes for, 4 votes against, 12 absences, between 2010–2015
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jeremy Hunt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jeremy Hunt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jeremy Hunt has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
On 24 March 2016, I was informed of a serious incident involving a large backlog of unprocessed NHS patient correspondence by the company contracted to deliver it to general practitioners’ surgeries, NHS Shared Business Services—SBS. The backlog arose from the primary care services GP mail redirection service that SBS was contracted to run between 2011 and 2016. However, in three...
The hon. Gentleman is reasonable and sensible, but sadly those commendable sides to his character have not been on display this afternoon, not least because I answered a number of his questions before he read out his pre-prepared script. He said that there had been a catastrophic breach of data protection. Let me remind him that no patient data were lost and all patient data were kept in...
I thank my hon. Friend for her sensible contribution. She is right that, although the process of sending on these particular documents has been taken in-house, other parts of the contract were taken on by a company called Capita—[Interruption.] The hon. Member for Leicester South (Jonathan Ashworth) cannot stop, can he? Let me repeat that the work in question has been taken in-house....
More of Jeremy Hunt’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South West Surrey
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Jeremy Hunt campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Schools and Families
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Information Officers
- Departmental Plants
- National Lottery
- Departmental Staff
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Health (since 6 Sep 2012)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Jul 2006)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Jeremy Hunt’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 18 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 258 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jeremy Hunt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1165 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Feb 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Half-share of holiday house in Italy: (i) and (ii).
Half-share of an office building in Hammersmith: (i) and (ii).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from