Jeremy Hunt campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Jeremy Hunt’s voting in Parliament
Jeremy Hunt is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Jeremy Hunt’s votes.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2007–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
14 votes for, 52 votes against, 23 absences, between 2008–2017
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
48 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2012–2016
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2011
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jeremy Hunt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jeremy Hunt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jeremy Hunt has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Under this Government, the amount recovered from international visitors has trebled from £81 million to £289 million. Yesterday, I announced that we were going further by introducing upfront ID checks and payment for elective care, stopping IVF being available for those who pay the health visa surcharge and asking GPs to help to identify European citizens at the point of...
My hon. Friend is absolutely right. It is a national health service, not an international health service. I was disappointed to see comments from the Opposition yesterday that the money this would raise would be a drop in the ocean—[Hon. Members: “It is.”] We are seeking to raise £500 million. That is enough to finance 5,000 GPs, who could help the constituents of...
I will tell the right hon. Gentleman what we are doing about the underfunding. We are raising three times more from international visitors than when he was a Health Minister, and that is paying for doctors, nurses and better care for older people in his constituency and in all our constituencies.
More of Jeremy Hunt’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South West Surrey
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Schools and Families
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Information Officers
- Departmental Plants
- National Lottery
- Departmental Staff
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Health (since 6 Sep 2012)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Jul 2006)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Jeremy Hunt’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 18 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 258 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jeremy Hunt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1155 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Feb 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Half-share of holiday house in Italy: (i) and (ii).
Half-share of an office building in Hammersmith: (i) and (ii).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from