A selection of Lynda Waltho's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2007
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
39 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2006–2009
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lynda Waltho’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lynda Waltho’s full vote analysis page for more.
I wish to present a petition. It states: The Petition of the constituents of Amblecote, Stourbridge and others, Declares that they object to the proposed erection of an O2 mobile phone mast at Hillfields Road, Brierley Hill, Stourbridge, Dudley, West Midlands because of the possible negative environmental impact this could have on the area; the distraction the proposed mast would be to...
I open this debate by thanking the Minister and his colleagues in the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and the Home Office. It would appear that not only are they highly competent and hard-working Ministers, but they have a crystal ball, because the majority of what I intended to call for in this debate was highlighted recently in the Home Secretary's announcement on Tuesday...
The right hon. Lady talks much about leading by example. Can she tell us how many women there are in the shadow Cabinet?
More of Lynda Waltho’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Stourbridge
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Minister for Women
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Domestic Violence
- Licensing Act
- Fertility: Medical Treatments
- Alcohol Treatment Services
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon David Hanson, Minister of State), Ministry of Justice (6 Jun 2007 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon David Hanson, Minister of State), Northern Ireland Office (27 Feb 2007 to 6 Jun 2007)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (15 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Mr David Hanson, Minister of State), Northern Ireland Office (10 Nov 2005 to 27 Feb 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 8 Feb 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Lynda Waltho’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.40% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from