Angela Smith’s voting in Parliament
Angela Smith is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Angela Smith’s votes.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2016
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 36 votes against, 15 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, between 2010–2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
74 votes for, 7 votes against, 34 absences, between 2006–2018
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angela Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angela Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angela Smith has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
Planning policy relating to green belt and green space in Penistone & Stocksbridge – Angela Smith.
I do not agree with the Minister’s comments about the tidal bay lagoon, but there are other aspects of UK manufacturing where a sector deal could play a real part. The development of the shale gas industry is one of those. Can the right hon. Lady update us on progress made in maximising UK steel content in the shale gas industry?
Does my hon. Friend agree that the Government have missed a real opportunity for UK plc generally, and for steel in particular, with their decision to refuse the Swansea Bay tidal lagoon?
More of Angela Smith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Sheffield, Hillsborough
Topics of interest
Angela Smith campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Speeches
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Departmental Legal Opinion
- Dangerous Dogs
- Agriculture: Subsidies
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (10 Feb 2016 to 22 Mar 2017)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (15 Apr 2014 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (7 Oct 2011 to 15 Apr 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 23 Jan 2012)
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 21 Mar 2011)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Yvette Cooper, Chief Secretary), HM Treasury (29 Jan 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Yvette Cooper, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (11 Oct 2007 to 29 Jan 2008)
- PPS (Yvette Cooper, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (8 May 2006 to 11 Oct 2007)
- PPS (Yvette Cooper, Minister of State), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jul 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Dransfield Properties Ltd
Address of donor: Dransfield House, 2 Fox Valley Way, Fox Valley, Sheffield S36 2AB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Use of retail unit during my election campaign (6 weeks), value £2,330.16
Donor status: company, registration 2747056
(Registered 03 July 2017)
Name of donor: Community Union
Address of donor: 465 Caledonian Rd, London N7 9GX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000 to my General Election
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 03 July 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my husband, Steven Wilson
, as Senior Parliamentary Researcher.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from