Robert Goodwill campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Robert Goodwill’s voting in Parliament
Robert Goodwill is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Robert Goodwill sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Robert Goodwill generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robert Goodwill’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robert Goodwill’s full vote analysis page for more.
Robert Goodwill has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Home Office carefully considers all asylum claims on their individual merits, including claims based on religious persecution. We grant protection to those who genuinely need it in accordance with our international obligations under the Refugee Convention and the European Convention on Human Rights. Published guidance on the interviewing and consideration of asylum claims is regularly...
All visa applications are considered on their individual merits and in line with the Immigration Rules. In order to safeguard an individual’s personal information and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 the Home Office is limited in what information it can provide when the request is made by someone who is not the applicant. The Home Office is therefore unable to provide the...
There have been no changes in the requirements for European nationals entering or currently residing in the UK, nor of British citizens elsewhere in the EU. The precise way in which these requirements may change following the UK’s exit from the EU is yet to be determined. The UK’s visa operation is resourced to meet demand, and we will ensure that any operational implications of...
More of Robert Goodwill’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Scarborough and Whitby
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Motor Vehicles: Registration
- Driving: Licensing
- Motor Vehicles: Testing
- Railways: Freight
- Motor Vehicles: Excise Duties
Currently held offices
- The Minister for Immigration (since 15 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Nov 2006 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Robert Goodwill’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 43 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 187 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Robert Goodwill’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 383 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Southwood Farm, Terrington, York, which is farmed "in hand": (i) and (ii).
Three industrial units at Southwood Farm, Terrington, York: (i) and (ii).
Four houses in Teesside. Administered by R W Goodwill, Property Division
: (i) and (ii).
A residential property in North Yorkshire
which is under renovation with a view to letting. Administered by R W Goodwill, Property Division: (i). (Registered 03 April 2012
Flat in London. Administered by R W Goodwill, Property Division: (i) and (ii). (Registered 10 April 2012)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
) Ltd; cemetery company
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
I own a commercial ship which is leased to an operator and from which I receive income. (Updated 29 May 2012
Unremunerated managing director of Mowthorpe (UK) Ltd; see entry in Category 7
above. (Updated 13 May 2015
Farmer; R W Goodwill, Southwood Farm, Terrington, York. I draw no money from the farm. (Updated 13 May 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from