Anne Main campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Anne Main’s voting in Parliament
Anne Main is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Anne Main sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Anne Main generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
Anne Main generally voted against culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne Main’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne Main’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anne Main has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Order. Can I ask the hon. Gentleman to bring his remarks back to the Government’s policy on a citizens convention on democracy, rather than some of the topics that might be considered by such a convention if it were brought forward? He has not mentioned the concept of the convention for quite some time.
Order. I am afraid that I will not be calling the hon. Member for Brighton, Pavilion (Caroline Lucas) to speak. She has missed an hour of a 90-minute debate, but if hon. Members let her, she can intervene.
Yes. You have two minutes at the end, or longer if the Minister finishes a little early.
More of Anne Main’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for St Albans
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- International Development
- Departmental Data Protection
- Tax Credits
- Departmental Property
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 23 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (8 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (3 Sep 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 67 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Anne Main’s speeches
- Has received answers to 162 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.98% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 181 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anne Main’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 352 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Bangladesh
Address of donor: 104 High St, London Colney AL2 1QL
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): for a member of staff and myself, international flights £1,140, domestic flights £180, accommodation £540; total £1,860
Destination of visit: Bangladesh
Date of visit: 25 September - 2 October 2015
Purpose of visit: Social Action Project arranged by Conservative Friends of Bangladesh.
(Registered 19 October 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from