Anne Main’s voting in Parliament
Anne Main is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Anne Main sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Anne Main generally voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Anne Main generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Anne Main generally voted against culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne Main’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne Main’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anne Main has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
The hon. Lady is absolutely right. Many of my passengers say that they do not want to have to claim; they simply want the service they have paid for. Delay repay is better, but on the other hand the service needs to improve, because otherwise they just get money back for a bad service. That is not what they want; they want the journey they were guaranteed.
I beg to move, That this House has considered Thameslink passenger services. A recent customer satisfaction survey on commuter trains by Which? ranked Thameslink third from bottom. Thameslink registered an approval rating of just 32%; it was ranked above only the beleaguered Southern and Southeastern. I want to make the Minister aware of that passenger dissatisfaction today and suggest some...
More of Anne Main’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for St Albans
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Anne Main campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- International Development
- Departmental Data Protection
- Tax Credits
- Departmental Property
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (23 Jun 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (8 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (3 Sep 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Anne Main’s speeches
- Has received answers to 92 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 185 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anne Main’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 382 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from