Anne Main’s voting in Parliament
Anne Main is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Anne Main sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Anne Main generally voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Anne Main generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Anne Main voted against culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne Main’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne Main’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anne Main has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
Does my hon. Friend share my concern about asking for a second referendum? Why should anyone trust referendums or any electoral process if, when we are given a mandate to do something, we do not follow it through?
Does my right hon. Friend agree that the backstop is, as the Attorney General said, taking a risk with the Good Friday agreement and the Union of this country, and that is a risk that many of us are not prepared to take?
I encourage the Minister to come and see my pubs. Many of them are in historic listed buildings within a conservation area. They have small square footage and it is difficult to grow a business beyond the growth it has already seen. They are in areas where the house prices drive up their rates to an unsustainable level. I appreciate that some of the bigger ones—not the independent...
More of Anne Main’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for St Albans
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Anne Main campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- International Development
- Departmental Data Protection
- Tax Credits
- Departmental Property
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (23 Jun 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (8 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (3 Sep 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Counter-Terrorism and Border Security Bill Committee (2 out of 6)
- Chairman, Counter-Terrorism and Border Security Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Taxation (Cross-border Trade) Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Chairman, Children and Social Work Bill Committee (5 out of 7)
- Chairman, Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence (Ratification of Convention) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Criminal Finances Bill Committee (2 out of 6)
- Chairman, Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Bill Committee (3 out of 10)
- Chairman, Childcare Payments Bill Committee (5 out of 9)
- Chairman, Pensions Bill Committee (6 out of 12)
- Energy Bill Committee (6 out of 12)
- Children, Schools and Families Bill Committee (2 out of 12)
- Planning Bill Committee (0 out of 18)
- Energy Bill Committee (13 out of 15)
- Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Planning-gain Supplement (Preparations) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Housing Corporation (Delegation) etc. Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Bill Committee (2 out of 5)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from