A selection of Paul Rowen's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 abstention, in 2007
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
30 votes for, 6 votes against, 6 absences, between 2006–2009
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Rowen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Rowen’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills what guidance his Department plans to provide on (a) the steps an agency must undertake to establish the parameters for equal treatment from an end-user of agency workers under the Agency Worker Regulations 2010, (b) the extent to which measures undertaken by an agency to ascertain the information needed to provide...
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills what plans he has to monitor the effects of the Agency Worker Regulations 2010 on the agency worker industry once they have entered into force.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what estimate he has made of the number of people who are infected with the xenotropic murine leukaemia virus-related virus.
More of Paul Rowen’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Rochdale
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Local Government: Pensions
- Teachers: Pensions
- Motor Vehicles: Insurance
- Welfare Reform Bill
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Work and Pensions Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Work & Pensions (5 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (26 Apr 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (19 Oct 2005 to 5 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Paul Rowen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 157 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 186 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from