Justine Greening campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Justine Greening’s voting in Parliament
Justine Greening is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Justine Greening sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Justine Greening generally voted for a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Justine Greening generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Justine Greening’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Justine Greening’s full vote analysis page for more.
Justine Greening has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Conservative MP for Putney
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Non-Domestic Rates
- Heathrow Airport
- Departments: Redundancy
- Departmental Manpower
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Education (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Minister for Women and Equalities (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for International Development (6 Sep 2012 to 14 Jul 2016)
- The Secretary of State for Transport (14 Oct 2011 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 31 Oct 2011)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (13 May 2010 to 14 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (3 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 22 Oct 2007)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Vice-Chair (Youth), Conservative Party (1 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Justine Greening’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 35 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 205 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Justine Greening’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 897 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: All England Lawn Tennis Club
Address of donor: Church Road, London SW19 5AE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two seats in the Royal Box at the Wimbledon championships, and associated hospitality; value £3,640
Date received: 1 July 2016
Date accepted: 1 July 2016
Donor status: company, registration 7546773
(Registered 28 July 2016)
Chartered accountant (non-practising).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from