Mark Lancaster’s voting in Parliament
Mark Lancaster is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Mark Lancaster’s votes.
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
15 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2012–2014
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
7 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2016
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
12 votes for, 5 votes against, 8 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2010–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Lancaster’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Lancaster’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Lancaster has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
The requested information could be provided only at disproportionate cost. The funding support which the Ministry of Defence provides for Combined Cadet Forces (CCF) units is based on the number of active cadets and the number of single Service sections within the unit, irrespective of whether the unit is in an independent or state school. State schools will receive the same funding support...
The information is not held in the format requested. Information on the stationed location of UK Regular Service Personnel in Northern Ireland as at 1 January 2017 is given below. Army 2,070 Royal Air Force 60 Royal Navy 10
This information is not held centrally and could be provided only at disproportionate cost.
More of Mark Lancaster’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Milton Keynes North
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented North East Milton Keynes
Topics of interest
Mark Lancaster campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Railways: Milton Keynes
- Territorial Army
- Milton Keynes
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, International Development Committee (13 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (17 Apr 2008 to 21 May 2009)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Nov 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Nov 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Lancaster’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 173 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Lancaster’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 243 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Serving Officer, Royal Engineers Territorial Army. Payments received from the Army
Pay Office, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX:
1 October 2016
, received payment of £658.16 for 6 days military service between 1 June 2016 and 30 Sept 2016. (Registered 05 October 2016)
2 Feb 2017, received payment of £250.21 for 2 days military service between 1 October 2016 and 31 January 2017
. (Registered 01 March 2017
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Kimbolton Fireworks Ltd
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from