Mark Lancaster’s voting in Parliament
Mark Lancaster is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Mark Lancaster’s votes.
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2013
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2013–2016
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
15 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2012–2014
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
50 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2012–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Lancaster’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Lancaster’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Lancaster has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
Policy on use and publication of data that the US may hold is a matter for them.
At present, there are 21 officers and 268 soldiers based at Hyde Park Barracks. This includes personnel that are permanently based at Hyde Park Barracks for duty purposes, but does not include personnel that reside at Hyde Park Barracks but work elsewhere. Figures are single service estimates and not produced by official statistics.
It will take some time to gather the information required to answer the hon. Member's question. I will write to the hon. Member and a copy of my letter will be placed in the Library of the House.
More of Mark Lancaster’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Milton Keynes North
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented North East Milton Keynes
Topics of interest
Mark Lancaster campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Railways: Milton Keynes
- Territorial Army
- Milton Keynes
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (since 13 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (8 May 2015 to 13 Jun 2017)
- Government Whip (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, International Development Committee (13 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (17 Apr 2008 to 21 May 2009)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Nov 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Nov 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Lancaster’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 153 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Lancaster’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 260 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Dec 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Serving member of the Army
Reserve. Payments received from the Army Pay Office, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX:
31 October 2017
, received £360.66 for 2.75 days military service between and 9 June and 31 October 2017. (Registered 08 December 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Kohima Ventures Ltd
Address of donor: 1 Burton Street, London W15 6TL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £6,000
Donor status: company, registration 06919543
(Registered 05 July 2017)
Name of donor: Mr Anthony G Nutt
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Kimbolton Fireworks Ltd
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from