Mark Lancaster’s voting in Parliament
Mark Lancaster is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Mark Lancaster’s votes.
Consistently voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
15 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2012–2014
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
12 votes for, 5 votes against, 8 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 14 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
50 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2012–2016
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2010–2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
20 votes for, 47 votes against, 24 absences, between 2008–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Lancaster’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Lancaster’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Lancaster has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Government Departments have been analysing the UK statute book and directly applicable EU law in their areas of responsibility to enable an assessment of the scale of the changes needed. This work is ongoing and is likely to include the repeal, but also the amendment, of provisions in Acts. In the Government White Paper on the Repeal Bill, Legislating for the United Kingdom's withdrawal from...
The Ministry of Defence does not hold this information.
No units from the UK Armed Forces will participate in the Swedish Armed Forces AURORA 17 military exercise.
More of Mark Lancaster’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Milton Keynes North
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented North East Milton Keynes
Topics of interest
Mark Lancaster campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Railways: Milton Keynes
- Territorial Army
- Milton Keynes
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (since 13 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (8 May 2015 to 13 Jun 2017)
- Government Whip (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, International Development Committee (13 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (17 Apr 2008 to 21 May 2009)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Nov 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Nov 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Lancaster’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 174 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Lancaster’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 249 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Serving Officer, Royal Engineers Territorial Army. Payments received from the Army
Pay Office, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX:
1 October 2016
, received payment of £658.16 for 6 days military service between 1 June 2016
and 30 Sept 2016. (Registered 05 October 2016)
2 Feb 2017, received payment of £250.21 for 2 days military service between 1 October 2016 and 31 January 2017
. (Registered 01 March 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Kohima Ventures Ltd
Address of donor: 1 Burton Street, London W15 6TL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £6,000
Donor status: company, registration 06919543
(Registered 05 July 2017)
Name of donor: Mr Anthony G Nutt
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Kimbolton Fireworks Ltd
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from