Mark Lancaster campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Mark Lancaster’s voting in Parliament
Mark Lancaster is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Mark Lancaster’s votes.
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Lancaster’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Lancaster’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Lancaster has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Physical punishment has not been permitted in the Army for many decades, and the use of unofficial punishments and sanctions is banned. Maintaining and improving discipline and behaviour is primarily achieved through education and the promotion of positive values and standards. Lawful and authorised punishments are contained within the Armed Forces Act, as reviewed by Parliament in 2016, and...
There is no requirement to install water meters in Service Family Accommodation. Water costs are not billed seperately as they are included in Service personnel's daily accommodation charges.
Our future accommodation model is part of the mechanism for achieving this goal of greater stability. Its benefits are not well understood, so I would like to use today’s debate to explain why I believe it will be a vast improvement on what has gone before. First, it will be fairer. As the Public Accounts Committee acknowledged, the current model has failed to move with the times. Let...
More of Mark Lancaster’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Milton Keynes North
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented North East Milton Keynes
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Railways: Milton Keynes
- Territorial Army
- Milton Keynes
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, International Development Committee (13 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (17 Apr 2008 to 21 May 2009)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Nov 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Nov 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Lancaster’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 190 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Lancaster’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 209 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Serving Officer, Royal Engineers Territorial Army. Payments received from the Army
Pay Office, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX:
31 January 2016
, received payment of £1,131.51 for 12 days military service between 1 Oct 2015 and 31 Jan 2016. (Registered 10 February 2016
1 June 2016
, received payment of £1,309.17 for 11 days military service between 1 February 2016 and 31 May 2016
. (Registered 05 July 2016
1 October 2016
, received payment of £658.16 for 6 days military service between 1 June 2016 and 30 Sept 2016. (Registered 05 October 2016)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Kimbolton Fireworks Ltd
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from