Philip Dunne campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Philip Dunne’s voting in Parliament
Philip Dunne is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Philip Dunne’s votes.
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Philip Dunne’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Philip Dunne’s full vote analysis page for more.
Philip Dunne has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I congratulate the hon. Member for Brighton, Pavilion (Caroline Lucas) not just on securing this debate but on doing so on a day that enabled her to get through her entire speech and take interventions from the hon. Member for Hove (Peter Kyle) and my hon. Friend the Member for East Worthing and Shoreham (Tim Loughton)—a considerable achievement. The hon. Lady has a long-standing...
I will not take up the hon. Gentleman’s invitation to think on my feet, but I will refer later to the sustainability and transformation plan, to which the hon. Lady referred, which is providing a forum for much closer collaboration across the NHS within an area. Clearly, it is a much larger area than Brighton itself, but it is going some way towards meeting the kind of analysis that he...
I thank the hon. Lady for her intervention. I am going to move on, but I acknowledge her point. I hope that, in part, the STP will focus the attention of the wider area to support the new trauma centre that is being established. That is part of the purpose of the STP, although, like her, I have yet to see the full details. I think we all recognise that patients deserve the highest quality...
More of Philip Dunne’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ludlow
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Non-domestic Rates: Garages and Petrol Stations
- Child Benefit: Personal Records
- Winter Fuel Payment
- Low Carbon Buildings Programme
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department of Health (since 16 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Defence Procurement) (8 May 2015 to 16 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Treasury Committee (17 Jul 2007 to 17 Nov 2008)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (24 Jul 2006 to 9 Feb 2009)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 23 Oct 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Philip Dunne’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.29% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Philip Dunne’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 393 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Partner, Gatley Farms; farming partnership.
£15,793 drawings for year ended 5 April 2015
. Hours: approximately 50 hours per annum. (Registered 24 December 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Land and property in Herefordshire, some held in trust for life: (i) and (ii).
Interest in land in Surrey: (i) and (ii).
From 24 March 2016
, a residential flat owned jointly with my wife: (i) and (ii). (Registered 03 May 2016
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
Baronsmead Second Venture Trust plc (formerly Baronsmead VCT
). (Updated 29 April 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from