Nia Griffith’s voting in Parliament
Nia Griffith is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Nia Griffith sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nia Griffith generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nia Griffith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nia Griffith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nia Griffith has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to Written Statement of 9 October 2018, HCWS974 on Airborne Warning and Control System, which allies he has had discussions with on the UK’s airborne warning and control system capability.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to Written Statement of 9th October 2018, HCWS974 on Airborne Warning and Control System, whether his Department plans to provide information on the industrial and economic effect of a final procurement decision later in the procurement process.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, when his Department plans to publish a diversity and inclusion strategy.
More of Nia Griffith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Llanelli
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Nia Griffith campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Cabinet Office
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Defence: Modernisation
- Departmental Telephone Services
- Military Aircraft
- Army: Sexual Harassment
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (since 6 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (14 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 9 Nov 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (28 Nov 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (7 Oct 2011 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 22 Nov 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Harriet Harman QC, Minister of State), Government Equalities Office (13 Nov 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Harriet Harman QC, Lord Privy Seal), Leader of the House of Commons (13 Nov 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Team PPS), Home Office (16 Oct 2008 to 13 Nov 2008)
- PPS (Team PPS), HM Treasury (16 Oct 2008 to 13 Nov 2008)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (4 Aug 2008 to 16 Oct 2008)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (9 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (25 Oct 2007 to 4 Aug 2008)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (11 Oct 2007 to 25 Oct 2007)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (26 Jul 2007 to 26 Jul 2007)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (23 Jul 2007 to 11 Oct 2007)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (16 Jul 2007 to 23 Jul 2007)
- PPS (Mr Phil Woolas, Minister of State ), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jul 2007)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (17 Jul 2006 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Jun 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 15 Oct 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: BCB
Address of donor: Clydesmuir Rd Ind Est, Cardiff CF24 2QS
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket and hospitality to attend Wales v France rugby match, estimated value £400
Date received: 17 March 2018
Date accepted: 17 March 2018
Donor status: company, registration 01442485
(Registered 26 April 2018
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: (1) Great Britain China Centre
(with sponsorship from BP
and Prudential) (2) International Department
of the Chinese Communist Party
Address of donor: (1) 15 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8PS (2) No.4 Fuxing Road, Beijing
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): (1) Airfare £1,489; hotel and breakfast in Beijing and Wuhan £402.21; total £1,891.21 (2) train fare to Wuhan £95.76; food and drink (estimated at £60/day) £240; domestic travel (estimated at £10/day) £40; total £375.76
Destination of visit: Beijing and Wuhan, China
Dates of visit: 8-13 April 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend the 2018 UK-China Leadership Forum, organised by the Great Britain China Centre and IDCPC; to engage with Chinese Officials on a broad range of topics and to strengthen UK-China bilateral relations.
(Registered 30 April 2018)
Name of donor: Université d'été de la Défense
Address of donor: 8 Rue Emile Allez, 75017 Paris, France
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Accommodation for two nights, estimated at £642; food and drink estimated at £60/day; total £822
Destination of visit: Paris
Dates of visit: 9-11 September 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend the 16th Summer Defence Conference. To engage with Parliamentarians and representatives of the Armed Forces.
(Registered 04 October 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Smallholding in Carmarthenshire: (i).
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from