Ben Wallace’s voting in Parliament
Ben Wallace is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Ben Wallace sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ben Wallace generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ben Wallace’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ben Wallace’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ben Wallace has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Nov 2018
It is Government policy not to comment on whether an organisation is or is not under consideration for proscription. A decision to proscribe an organisation must be based on a belief that it is concerned in terrorism as defined in the Terrorism Act 2000, and it must be proportionate.
Today, I am publishing the first annual Update on the UK Anti-Corruption Strategy 2017-2022. The government committed to providing an annual written update to parliament on progress. The UK Anti-Corruption Strategy provides a framework to guide Government anti-corruption policies and actions and this Update highlights the action we have taken since its launch in 2017. It details the...
We do not routinely comment on specific reasons for deportation. The Home Office publishes the total number of Foreign National Offenders who have been removed from the UK with reference to nationality. This information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachm ent_data/file/758248/returns5-sep-2018-tables.ods
More of Ben Wallace’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wyre and Preston North, Former Conservative MSP for North East Scotland
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Entered the Scottish Parliament on 6 May 1999 — Election
Left the Scottish Parliament on 31 March 2003 — Election
Also represented Lancaster and Wyre; North East Scotland
Topics of interest
Ben Wallace campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Committees: Ministerial Attendance
- Future Large Aircraft
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Home Office) (Security) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Administration Committee (1 Dec 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Ben Wallace’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ben Wallace’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 428 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 3 Dec 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Motor Sports Association
Address of donor: Motor Sports House, Riverside Park, Colnbrook SL3 0HG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two passes and hospitality for 2018 British Grand Prix
at Silverstone, value £1,116 (£558 per person)
Date received: 8 July 2018
Date accepted: 8 July 2018
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 08 August 2018
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in south west London: (i) and (ii).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)