Ben Wallace’s voting in Parliament
Ben Wallace is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Ben Wallace sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ben Wallace generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ben Wallace’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ben Wallace’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ben Wallace has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
It has been the practice of successive governments that we do not comment on specific cases.
The Government is in favour of strong encryption: it is critical to protect UK citizens from harm online, and billions of people use it every day for a range of services including banking, commerce and communications. However, like many powerful technologies, encrypted services are abused by a small minority of people. There is a particular problem with end-to-end encryption where certain...
The Home office has made no direct representations. The Home Office have delegated the responsibility to contact overseas governments, police and law enforcement agencies to the UKTI DSO via there international trade missions.
More of Ben Wallace’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wyre and Preston North, Former Conservative MSP for North East Scotland
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Entered the Scottish Parliament on 6 May 1999 — Election
Left the Scottish Parliament on 31 March 2003 — Election
Also represented Lancaster and Wyre; North East Scotland
Topics of interest
Ben Wallace campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Committees: Ministerial Attendance
- Future Large Aircraft
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Home Office) (Security) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Administration Committee (1 Dec 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Ben Wallace’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ben Wallace’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 292 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Dec 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Portcullis Club
Address of donor: Whins House, Sabden, Clitheroe BB7 9HP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 05 July 2017
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Motor Sports Association
Address of donor: Motor Sports House, Riverside Park, Colnbrook SL3 0HG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two passes and hospitality for 2017 British Grand Prix
at Silverstone, value £1,084 (£542 per person)
Date received: 16 July 2017
Date accepted: 16 July 2017
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 14 August 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in south west London: (i) and (ii).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from